Self editing contact's numbers

jackywan

I have noticed that it have been editing my Google Contacts numbers when they dial in. it would add a bunch of random numbers to the end of their saved number (0001492896463288). So when they actually call, the name would not show up since it doesn't match the one that is saved.

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: Self editing contact's numbers

Can you let us know which version of the app you're seeing this happen from?  (Android, iOS and version number please).

It shouldn't be adding anything random, there is some logic that happens for when they call in on one of your non-native numbers, but what you're describing sounds odd and definitely want the team to take a look.

• tmo_mike_c

Yikes! This is super bizarre. Is anyone still having this trouble? Please keep us posted. We want to make sure this gets handled. Thanks!

• tmo_evan

For all those who have been having this issue.  Can you please find the contacts that have been inappropriately edited and fix them?  Once you've fixed them, the team is saying that you should be okay and it shouldn't be doing this any more.  However if you're still seeing it after you've cleaned up your contacts can you let us know so that we can get someone to look again at this?

Thanks all for helping out!

• tankshop

tmo_chris

This issue has shown up again, the same kind of numbers are being added to the end of the original phone numbers.

• tmo_chris

Oh man! That is no good at all! Are you still using the Name ID service? What if you fix the number and then it calls you again? Do the random numbers reappear?

• tankshop

Yes, I am still using the I.D. service.  I have the call info is announced when the phone is ringing.  Yesterday was the first time since Evans message that this has happened.  I found an app that lets me lets print my contact list info to a PDF file.  Then I search for "000" in Adobe Reader.  This morning (and now) there were 5 contact numbers with the the extra digits.  I will correct them and let you know if or when it happens again.

By the way, it would be nice if I did not have to edit my contacts from outside of MultiLine (I do not want a default line assigned to my contacts).  I always have to logout of MultiLine or use a none MultiLine phone.