Terrible in call voice quialty with s8+

senozlu1

While we have no issue at all with the Note5 and S6 Edge+ in the same are identical issue repaeted with S7 Edge+ and S8+ when calling from the devices the other person could not undetand any words at all.

All replies

• flashfox

Re: Terrible in call voice quialty with s8+

FWIW - Maybe it's your specific device as my S8+ has no issues. Other parties hear me a clear as they did before (V20 and the two Note 7). I have been using Wi-Fi and LTE calling with no problem

• dsbendure

I'm having the exact same problem with my S6 Edge. The other person just hears a loud static type noise or feedback but I can hear them fine. I did a warranty exchange initially because I was having some other issues but it followed me when I got the new phone. Called customer service twice now and it is still not fixed. Asked if it could be the sim card with the first technician and he said no, but the second said possibly. That's my next stop.

• senozlu1

Whatever the couse of this it is happening when using LTE if swiched to none LTE or use WIFI calling sound quiality improves as well as video call, eighter it has to do with qualcom chip because our older phones Note5 and S6 Edge + has Exynos chip and thay have been working flowlessly since we purchased when they came out.

• senozlu1

Offering home wifi is poor customer service in my opinion since I can not carry the wifi router with me every where I go to mean while our old Galaxy S6+ and Note5 had no problem at all where ever we travled to it seems that new samsung devices including S7edge+ witch we returned had the same identical problem tmobile send an replacement S8+ still the same problem I went to the tmobile store guys at the store wanted to make test call and they were calling the phone while I was in the store witch we had no problem in that area problem persist in our home are about 10 miles from tmobile store in my opinion there is no problem with the network problem persist within the phone and samsung is ignoring for now tmobile staff is not qualified to understand. even thou I have recorded conversation between I and my wife sound from her end all sound like Walkman with battery dying videocalls are verry choppy with same sound as without video call. ( if use wifi calling no problems )

• tmo_chris

I totally understand that. No one expects you to have to carry a Wi-Fi router with you everywhere you go. We only suggest Wi-Fi calling to help with some of the areas that we do not have the best coverage. If there are other areas besides your home that you are having trouble getting signal, we can take a look at those areas to see if there is something going on that we are not aware of. For now, Wi-Fi calling is going to be your best option for home coverage until we can increase the coverage there.

• senozlu1

I gues you did not read or understand whole think in the same area my and my wifes note5 and S6+ works perfectly withut ant issues problem happenes only with the new S8+ and retuned S7edge+.

You should take you time and read whole think you may better understand what is going on.

• tmo_chris

I apologize for the confusion. I understand that you have a phone that is not able to get the same level of signal as other phones that you have or have had in the past. While the phones are all made by Samsung, the wireless radios in the phones can vary and you may find that you are unable to get the same level of signal between devices. There are also many other variables when it comes to signal strength such as battery level, and physical obstructions such as a phone case. If you are unable to get the same level of signal on your S8+/S7 Edge+ in the same area as a Note 5 or S6+ and you do not have a case on the phone, it is possible that the signal in that area is not strong enough or the radio in the phone is not picking it up.

If you have spoken with Tech support on this, they would be able to take a look at your area as well as the strength of the different frequencies we provide in that area. They will also be able to open up a service request for the area if the signal you are getting is not matching what we show the expected performance should be. Sometimes there is no immediate resolution for poor signal in a specific area (waiting on an additional tower or there is a known outage) and Wi-Fi calling is the best course of action until we are able to fully address the issue.

Another thing you can try is swapping the SIM card from one of the phones you know is not having the same issues you are and putting it into your phone. If the issue disappears, we can replace your SIM card rather easily.

• senozlu1

Actually you still did not understand there is no signal or connection issue S8+ phones connecting fine we have 4-5 bars in or around the house or the road and we decent data connection and speed it is about 30mb to 70mb on average devices have no issues at all other than very very very poor sound quality if call made on LTE and very very very poor sound and video quality with video call if made on LTE. (again if we use whatsup or viber  with or without LTE  there is no sound or video issues at all.  my opinion the device itself is compressing the sound and video.

• tmo_chris

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Since this issue is only occurring while on LTE, this is definitely a network related issue. I understand that you don't have this issue with your Note 5 or S6+ but with this issue being specific to LTE, we will need to open a service request with our engineers so they can take a closer look and see if there is something going on with the S8+ and the VoLTE network. Please Contact Us when you have some time so we can get this started for you.

• senozlu1

I called customer care and they switched me to technical departmnet I was on the phone with some about 20 min in the end gave up and ended the call she was giving me major head ache, I think tmobile should call  me instead of me calling and trying to explain all that over oand over, I ordered 2 new phones from AT&T and 2 new phones from Verizon I try them out if they don't have the same problem I will move my number over to one of the other.

• tmo_chris

We definitely do not want to lose you over this! I know you have had to call in about this more than anyone ever should have to about an issue. If you prefer written correspondence, we have a specialized care/tech team that can assist you through Facebook or Twitter so you can converse at your leisure. You can use the links in my signature to speak with them directly.

• senozlu1

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Reception Issues

Still same...............

• magenta2386245

My wife and I have same problem with HD calling. Is there a way to disable this? Google search brings up verizon's help page on how to turn it off. But it seems like T-mobile phones don't have same menu options. (missing "Advanced Calling" menu item).

When I used other phone dialer (google hangouts) i have no problem with voice being cut off, I think because HD calling is not activated there.

I guess there should be an update for that.

Thanks