Stateside International Talk and WiFi Calling

rudolphoa

Hi - I have the T-Mobile ONE Plus International plan that allows me unlimited international calling to landlines in 70+ countries and mobile numbers in 30+ countries. If I am traveling overseas (lets say in the UK) and am on wifi calling (so not using a international roaming cellphone network) does that mean I can call an international number (lets say that one is in the UK too) as part of my plan for no additional charge?

Thanks

All replies

• e2k

Re: Stateside International Talk and WiFi Calling

rudolphoa wrote:

...does that mean I can call an international number (lets say that one is in the UK too) as part of my plan for no additional charge?

Thanks

No, it does not. It only allows you to call numbers in the USA free of charge (which has nothing to do with Stateside calling). While roaming, Stateside International does not apply (even on WiFi).

• tmo_mike_c

Hey, just checking in to make sure you got the help you needed. You've got some awesome advice already, I just wanted to let you know we also have our Wi-Fi Calling page that gives some info about the charges as well.

• stevew407

This is still a bit complicated and difficult to understand.  I see

something (new to me) about VPN's and that even seems to confuse me more?

Also the turn off roaming when roaming DATA is FREE........so the GOAL (for

me) is to make FREE wifi or data calls.

Everytime I think I have it figured out I get bad information or get things

confused or operational issues like calls dropping out of WIFI but DROPPING

INTO billable calls - if that makes sense........I would prefer to drop

completely then no issues??!!!

Steven W.

*edited personal information & email signature - Marissa

• rudolphoa

Yes I have the answer above - but its a bit disappointing to be honest. My understanding was that when on WiFi calling I am "As good as being in the US" so my plan and addons for calling from the US should flow through.