Apps for Apple Watch and Android Wear

mallardnathan

Will there be a DIGITS app for Apple Watch and Android Wear? I currently own an Apple Watch and would like to monitor DIGITS through my Apple Watch. I'm considering moving to a cellular-equipped Android Wear watch in the future, and I'd like to see DIGITS integration with it.

Thanks!

All replies

• ransomv

Re: Apps for Apple Watch and Android Wear

While it isn't technically Android wear, The Samsung S2 (and I think the S3) are supported.

I have the S2 and it is great for when I leave my phone in the office and an important call comes in.

• azdreamscape

For whatever reason, Samsung Gear S2 and S3 watches are (so far) the only wearables you can use in the DIGITS program.

For the record, there is no app, however. The watch is set to duplicate a number you 'own' in your account. If you have multiple numbers, you can pick which one.

• rwcrosby

While T-mobile doesn't officially support android wear watches.  I have been using it with an LG Watch Sport and a duplicate sim.  So far, it has been working good.  I get calls and texts on both my phone and watch no problem.

• mallardnathan

How do you like the LG Watch Sport? And how well does it function on T-Mobile's network? And with the duplicate SIM, do you still have to pay the $5/month wearable line or does t duplicate SIM render the line free? I've been considering an LG Watch Sport myself and curious as to what you think and how you have it all setup in case I go for one.

• rwcrosby

For the most part, I like the Sport.  I will occasionally hit the center button when I don't want to.  For the most part, the watch works fine on Tmobile.  From what I've been told, the watch doesn't support all of the TMobile frequencies, But it works everywhere around my home and work.

I was not able to sign up for the $5 wearable line as the Tmobile servers did not recognize the Sport as an authorized device.  Before I signed up for the beta, I was using a free line I got in one of Tmobile's recent promos.  With the beta, there is no charge for the duplicate sim, but I'm not sure what pricing will be once the beta is over.  I really hope T-mobile opens up it's wearable plans to more devices.

• mallardnathan

Thanks for the info on the Sport. I have a message into Executive Response to see if they can open up and allow the LG Sport to function fully on T-Mobile as a wearable after the DIGITS beta expires. I'll let you know what I find out.

• tmo_evan

No need for an executive response message on that.  While we don't sell the LG watch, it will function on our network properly as well as with the DIGITS plans.  It's just a matter of having it set up which our special care team for DIGITS can do for you if you already have a DIGITS duplicate SIM line as part of the beta.  If not, you'll have to wait till we open the beta back up for more customers.

The main issue many people face with the LG Sport and other 3rd party connected wearables are that these devices need to have the TAC codes added to our price plans for the wearable rate plans - and since we don't sell the device, often times the rateplans don't get updated to add in all the TAC codes for these new devices - and very few people can actually do that task (it's not something a care rep can do, but they can file a ticket for it, if they know how).  Since DIGITS allows you to use any device, this is no restrictions on what devices can be utilized so this issue will hopefully disappear as DIGITS moves forward.

• mallardnathan

Thanks for the clarification on this and some great info. Whenever I purchase my next smart watch (even if I get an LG Sport), I plan to take it to a T-Mobile Store here to have it activated on my account (we don't have a T-Mobile Store here yet, so Executive Response has been assisting me on stuff like the LineLink and stuff until the store opens so I can cash in on all the good T-Mobile deals before the store opens). For the watch, I'd definitely take it to a store and have the rep escalate it until it can get added to my T-Mobile account.

I like the idea of a "duplicate SIM" for DIGITS on the watch, and this is the option I may want to go when I change watches. i really don't need a dedicated number for the watch (I'll want it to match my primary device number), and if that allows the line to be free, icing on the cake (if not, I can pay the $5/month and it'll be tax inclusive on my line now). It'll be a little bit before I change watches, so I'll see how far along DIGITS is when I change watches and see if the duplicate SIM option would be good for me.

BTW, I do recommend T-Mobile look at carrying other watches such as the LG Sport and other Android Wear watches. They look great, and I'd love to see these officially from T-Mobile and would prefer to buy one directly from a T-Mobile Store.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!