veronicapalominos

How may I update the imei of the new celular device that is on my t-mobile account?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Need help STAT

I'm not sure I understand. Why would you need to update the IMEI? Are you using a BYOD phone? Were you sent a replacement? As far as being able to use the phone, the GSM system is blithely unconcerned about the IMEI, only your SIM matters.

• tmo_marissa

Hey veronicapalominos!  How is everything going here?  We're happy to offer some help if you don't mind letting us know a little more about what your situation is!  drnewcomb2 had some great questions that could fill in a little more detail!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

veronicapalominos, I'm just swinging by to see if you had any other questions related to updating your IMEI that we could help out with. Your My T-Mobile account should automatically update with the correct device.

• tmo_marissa

Hi there veronicapalominos!  I just wanted to check in with you again and see if you still needed help with this.  Depending on the situation you're in, the result might be a little different.  If you've started using a new phone, your SIM will communicate the IMEI to the network and that update will be reflected on our end in typically about 72 hours.  If you received a replacement device from T-Mobile for a warranty exchange or from Assurant for an insurance claim, and you'd like the IMEI on your EIP updated, that can take a little longer; or you're welcome to Contact Us and we can verify the replacement IMEI against our system memos and make the change manually. 

- Marissa