All replies

• tidbits

Re: Unlock my iPhone 5S

Here are the requirements to get the device unlocked.

You need to be a customer or former customer of T-Mobile USA.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • lap1no

Serial Number: F17N62SPFF9V

Initial activation policy code: 52

MEID:Activation policy description: US GSM Service Policy

IMEI: 013853009035400

The code of the applicable activation policy: 2136

Spare part description: iPhone 5s

Description of the applicable activation policy: US T-Mobile Locked Activation Policy

Product version: 10.2

The following binding policy code is 2136

Date of last restoration:Description of the following binding activation policy: US T-Mobile Locked Activation PolicyBluetooth

MAC address:Date of first recovery of non-on-device: 11/14/2014

MAC Address: 90FD61E00823ICCID: 8901260212785279313

Date of last recovery of the non-powered device:Non-powered device restored:Unlocked: trueDate of unlock: 06/19/2016

• lap1no

Can you check my phone on the information provided? What do i do ?

• tmo_marissa

Hey lap1no!  It sounds like a confusing situation to be in - I'm sure this was an unpleasant surprise.  If you submitted the original unlock request through T-Mobile, you should still be eligible to have a request resubmitted to Apple - you would just need to Contact Us so that we could review your account history and get that entered! 

- Marissa

• lap1no

Hello again! I really want to understand this difficult situation. Can you help me determine the status of the lock and the ability to remove it? What do I have to do for this?

• lap1no

Of course the situation is insanely unpleasant. Today I got in touch with the technical support of apple, they could not help me. Said that I should contact the network sim lock operator, that is, to you

• tidbits

Yes you have to call them or use their online chat function and not these forums.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha!  It sounds like you've already confirmed the lock status with Apple - as far as unlocking it is concerned, we aren't able to submit those requests in this forum, but I can definitely help you determine if you're eligible and advise you how to contact a team who can complete an unlock request.  Did you originally use the phone with T-Mobile service?

- Marissa

• lap1no

What does the word mean - gotcha? Technical support of the apple company I could not say anything. They said only what I already know. That the phone is designed in my name, on my Apple id. But they do not know the status of the binding to the operator, they say that the mobile operator itself makes a binding and this is not the field of responsibility. Of course, I will be grateful for your advice. I myself am from Russia, I write to you with the help of an interpreter. I can hardly call, but in the mode of correspondence, anything. What do I need to do? I can take a photos of the phone, its settings and a box with all the inscriptions, it needs to be done?

Отправлено с iPhone

• lap1no

Understand me please, I bought a phone in Russia. The seller told me that it's brand new, but at home I found that it does not work with my sim card. I came back to the seller, but he spread his hands and said that he did not know anything, now I'm trying to sue him. And in between trying to get in touch with the truth, whether the phone could be blocked and how to unlock it. In the Apple did not help me, saying that the entire responsibility is borne by the T-mobile. Previously, I was never a user of a T-Mobile.

Отправлено с iPhone

• tmo_marissa

lap1no, I am sorry that you are in this situation.  From your description, your device does not meet our eligibility requirements to submit an unlock request, as network usage and a current or former account are required.  I am sorry to say we won't be able to help with this - if the person you purchased it from was a former T-Mobile customer and used the phone on our network and left their account in good standing, they could absolutely reach out to request an unlock.  Best wishes, I sincerely hope they will assist you with unlocking the phone or accept a return.

- Marissa