Find out my mobile number

orion_jb2001

Hi all, we are getting some prepaid sims to use on a holiday.  Is there any way to find out what the mobile numbers will be?  This is so we can advise the bank of what our contact number will be in the States, let relatives know etc. I have the imei and sim card numbers.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Find out my mobile number

Are the SIMs preactivated? Can you just put them in an unlocked phone and look in the settings? What unlocked phones do you have? Any iPhones?

• tmo_marissa

Hey orion_jb2001!  I can totally understand why you'd want to alert your financial institution prior to travel.  Are you still preparing for your trip, or are you already in the US?  Were you able to test out drnewcomb2's suggestion? 

- Marissa

• orion_jb2001

We fly out early May.  I haven't tried dnewcomb2's suggestion.  I don't believe the sims are preactivated, the instructions from the distributor in Australia are to put the sims in the mobile on landing in the US, the mobile should pick up the T Mobile network and then our mobile numbers should be SMS'd to the mobile, indicating that the sim has been activated. I did contact T  Mobile support, who were very helpful with the sim number and imei numbers, they looked to see if the mobile numbers had been allocated but not yet.  The distributor also needed an activation date and finish date and the sim cards have those dates on them.  I will try T mobile again in a few days to see if the mobile numbers have been set yet.

• legaspi

Hi there!  orion_jb2001 , I do have  a Tmobile sim card as well  and call the customer care hotline for T-Mobile prepaid .  I ask them if I have an access to  check my own number . they told me that ,   if the  sim is already activated all I need to  do is just insert the sim to my phone then If I had a signal bars showing up on my home screen just dial #686#  to retrieve my mobile number.   But if there is no showing up on my phone that means your sim is not activate yet. I call their hotline 1-877-778-2106 and they manually activated my account  .  I provide them my sim card number , imei  number  ,  my name   ,  my preferred area code , data of birth  , my preferred  4 digit PIN. and I ask them to activate my 45$  plan  since I do have 45$  reload card  to activate my phone. and my account was fully activated.  and I enjoyed the service now .  I hope it will works for you orion_jb2001.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • orion_jb2001

Hi legaspi,  thanks for that advice and numbers.