Idol 4s w/ Windows 10-Dropped after 6 months-Future Support?

kpo6969

Six months after launch, T-Mobile ends sales of Alcatel's Windows 10 Mobile flagship

I am a day one supporter of this phone with T-Mobile and very disappointed this did not last even as long as the Fierce XL which I was also a day one supporter with T-Mobile. Maybe this explains why my other questions that I have posted have fallen on deaf ears and have displayed an "I don't care attitude" from T-Mobile.

All replies

• kpo6969

With what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 mobile I would suggest that you should enroll in the Windows Insider Program so you can continue to receive updates.

• kpo6969

My disappointment now fully lies with Microsoft as they don't care about their existing consumer user base. What little there is left.

• magenta2123191

Really?  MS made T-Mobile drop support / windows devices??  That's like saying you can't get burgers at MCDonalds anymore because cattle farmers don't care, you see?  Makes ZERO sense.  The truth is even when T-Mobile get's MS devices, at least in my area, they don't advertise them, hell my stores didn't even display them.  The front end clerk had to "get it from the back".  The blame is not on MS here, it's on carriers like T-Mobile.  I'm sure there are lucrative contracts with android manufacturers / apple that MS can't compete with.  I've used all three "modern" mobile OS's and hands down Win 10 is the best of them. It's a paradigm shift though and for a generation that has come up with Android / iOS, the use cases just aren't there yet and hopefully never will be.  I can't say how much I don't miss the BS app stores filled with a billion options I'll never need.  On my MS phone, I play xbox games, "Apps" that I need for every day use e.g. rewards programs and banking I pin the web page to my start screen and my experience (and device storage) are better for it.  I use continuum regularly (actually typing this message on a 24" monitor with Blue Tooth Keyboard and Mouse (no way Android / apple could pull continuum like features off this well)  @kpo6969 you should consider opening your mind to possibilities rather than just stating the obligatory hive mind response of "Microsoft Hates People" and try it out sometime, MS is actually innovating while android and iOS have become increasingly stagnant, you might be surprised.

• kpo6969

@kpo6969 you should consider opening your mind to possibilities rather than just stating the obligatory hive mind response of "Microsoft Hates People" and try it out sometime, MS is actually innovating while android and iOS have become increasingly stagnant, you might be surprised.

1. You make a lot of assumptions about me that are incorrect

2. There are no surprises with things I already know.

3. It is a know fact for T-Mobile's part if it isn't an iPhone or Samsung the phone's life expectancy will be short.

4. Microsoft not telling anyone what's going on with Mobile is typical of them

5. I have been a Windows Insider for 3 years and have no intention of leaving windows 10 mobile unless I have no other choice

6. I only commented on this thread since it was getting old and to maybe close it out

Please do not assume anything about me and you know the rest..