jeads518

Most of my outbound texts are received but I haven't been getting any texts that are sent to me.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, jeads518!

That would drive me nuts if that was happening on my phone. I know it has been a few days since you created this thread. Is this still going on? If so, I have a few questions that need to be answered so I can understand the full situation.

- Are you able to send yourself a text and receive it?

- When were you last able to receive messages?

- Are you able to make and receive phone calls just fine?

This may be a provisioning issue on our end that Tech Support will need to correct but let's see if we can get to the bottom of this for you.

• jeads518

Hi! So I get random texts. For instance, today I was able to receive and respond to 2 texts from the same person. But 2 other people text me today and I never received them. It's like hit or miss with texts. When I send myself a text I receive it. And as far as I know, the calling is fine. I haven't had any issues dialing out and haven't been told I've been called but never received it.

• tmo_marissa

Hrmmm!  It seems to me that if you're missing calls, your friends would let you know... Unless they messaged you to tell you!  Do the missed messages seem to come from the same people each time, or is it a wide variety of your contacts?

- Marissa

• jeads518

The missed texts are coming from a wide variety of contacts, from all sorts of phones (iphone, androids, windows phones) on all different carriers (tmobile, at&t, verizon, sprint).

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha.  With that wide variety of missed messages, I'd be going bonkers!  If your signal seems stable, and you're using the native messaging app, then I do think Amanda's correct - we'd actually want to have you work with our Tech team to get a Trouble Ticket filed so that we can get some engineering eyes on this.  If any of your friends are able to let you know the time stamps of their outbound messages to you that you've missed, that would be marvelous information to provide when you Contact Us - it will help our team to have those details if traces are necessary to check on the back end. 

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Just wanted to check in with you and see how everything's going - are you still having trouble receiving messages?  I hope this has been sorted out by now, but if you're still looking for help please let us know!

- Marissa