Change in Android app behaviour

kdilo911

After the last couple of updates the incoming phone number is not displayed and is displayed as "unknown" If you click on the call details however, the phone number does show up. I also subscribe to name ID. Is there any integration with the two services?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Change in Android app behaviour

Hey there kdilo911!  This is odd!  What kind of phone are you using, and are you seeing this "unknown" notification in a pop-up at the bottom of the screen, or on the phone app itself as the call is coming in?  Is it doing this with your contacts as well, or just numbers that you don't have saved in your device?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Are you still having trouble with this?  If so, please let us know a little more about what's happening!

- Marissa

• kdilo911

Hi, it is is in the Digits app. When you view the call in the left column it shows "unknown" for the phone number, but if you click on that call and bring up the information in the right column, the number is there. I just downloaded the latest Digits update today so I will see if the issue remains.

• tmo_marissa

Awesome, thanks kdilo911!  Please keep us posted.  Just to confirm, are you seeing this with your contacts and unknown numbers, or just those numbers that aren't listed in your contacts?

- Marissa

• kdilo911

numbers not listed only.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha!  Can I also ask what type of device you're using/which DIGITS app you're using, if you don't mind?  I want to check and see if this is a known issue being worked already!  It sounds like this wasn't happening before, right?  Would you be able to say about how long ago it started? 

Thanks for all your input!

- Marissa

• kdilo911

two android devices. Same behavior on both. Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nexus 9. It seemed to start about the same time TMO rolled out the spam blocking, about three Digits updates ago. I haven't received any unknown callers since last Digits update to check app behavior on latest version.

• tmo_marissa

That is a *super* helpful timeline, thank you!  I'm going to look into any known issues with Unknowns showing up without call details on the Android app - in the meantime, if you do get an unknown call, let me know!  I'll post back and let you know if I'm able to pin anything down.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey kdilo911!  I wasn't able to locate any known issues that we could pin this on - but that doesn't mean that the timeline you provided isn't substantial.  Are you still having this trouble (have you received any calls from unknown numbers to be able to test)?  If so, I'd love to reach out to you and get some details - your information and some call examples with time stamps - and get a bug report filed for you.  Just let me know!

- Marissa

• kdilo911

Hi Marissa,

I did a bunch of testing and it seems that the confusion was on my end on how the caller information is displayed. The information is there, you just need to click on the details of the call to see it. Sorry for the false alarm.

On an unrelated issue, it has been a nightmare trying to get Digits integrated on my new S8. I have made five phone calls to Digits support and still no resolution. I just reached back out to tmo_evan to see if he can assist in what the issue is. Not sure if he visits the forum on a regular basis but he seem to know a lot about Digits.

Thanks

• azdreamscape

Greetings!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but...

Recent changes have taken away my ability to post new questions.

The same recent changes have deleted/removed my 'hard earned' status as a helpful poster here in these forums.

WHY?

I'm pretty sure I'm outta here...

• tmo_marissa

Hey azdreamscape!  We all lost our points in the transition - I'm sorry to say I wish they could have transferred, because I definitely remember all of your activity in the DIGITS space and of course you deserve credit for being so helpful.  The upside is that a few of my colleagues have rebuilt our gamification, so it's definitely easier to get the points back through regular activity like yours.  You can read a little bit more about the changes in these threads: Gamification Changer, and another very active user's take on the changes which has become a good de facto feedback point: I'm having a hard time navigating the new site. 

The matter of not being able to create new posts is a different deal, though - and a big one.  I'm going to shoot you a PM so that I can get a few more details about what's happening and pass this up so we can hopefully get you back in business ASAP.  Thanks for letting us know - I'm sorry that you had to post on an unrelated thread (and sorrier still that I'm the only active Community Manager on this thread and have been off for daaaays). 

- Marissa