My overall experience with Digits

mreveryphone

So here's my overall experience. I signed up when the beta first went live and had issues from the start. I was syncing my primary number with the Gear S3. I had already bought the watch prior to the beta program. I registered like the tutorial stated and nothing ever happened. My watch never synced with my primary line. I believe I posted my issue in this forum and was told a ticket had been created and I should receive some communication as to when my issue was resolved. I never heard back from anyone so I called into T-mobile and was connected with the dedicated digits beta team. They stated that my initial submission of my info was never recorded when I signed up, ie watch info. The rep deleted my initial submission and told me to resign up as before. This was probably a month into me signing up for the program... After that I started to receive the text messages saying welcome to the program etc. My watch finally registered and I was able to use it without it being connected to my phone and others would see my primary number when I would call and text them and not the number that was originally assigned to my watch.

It works good now and I appreciate all the work that has been done getting this program off the ground and working. I can only imaging the number to tickets that have been created... I do have a couple of questions. Do I need to keep the wearable line active since my primary number is being duplicated? Also when I sent texts from my watch the recipient gets duplicate texts from me. Is there some sort of configuration I should be following in order for this not to happen?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: My overall experience with Digits

Hey there mreveryphone!

Thanks for participating in the beta and sharing your experience. I do wish it would have gone a lot smoother for you and you didn't have to do-over the whole registration process. With that being said, this is still good feedback for us to take back to our developers, so thank you. To answer your first question, I'd like to ask you one. Did you plan on using the watch as just a duplicate line or did you still want to keep a standalone number for it? You should check out the What happens when the beta program is finished to make sure you know what to expect when the beta is over. As for your second question, have you restarted the watch after the second time you went through the DIGITS setup process? Are the duplicate message showing up on all for every number you send to?

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Thanks so much for this feedback - I just wanted to touch base with you and see if you'd had a chance to take a look at Mike's reply above.  Could you clarify a few things for us?  Thank you!

- Marissa

• mreveryphone

Mike and Marissa,

Thanks for replying. As far as continuing to use Digits after the beta is over, I would just like to use my watch as a duplicate line. Being able to call and text from it without the need for it to be connected to my phone for those purposes as long as my primary number is being shown to the recipients. I do not need a separate number for it. Right now I'm actually wasting money paying for a line I'm not using. I think that was a little bit of the problem when getting Digits set up was that it was already assigned a number since it has a built in sim and not one that can be removed, but I could be wrong.

As for the second issue, I have restarted the watch and all of the people I send texts to from my watch receive duplicate texts.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!