DIGITS on iOS

rpanchapagesan

Something wrong with iOS version of DIGITS. Despite setting the app to work on background, incoming calls wouldn't wake up the app or the device that may be in sleep mode. And it is not all the time, it's so much inconsistent. There have been times when the app would wake up but the ringtone wouldn't come up (I double checked to see the device was not silenced). A week+ ago, I had also posted an issue with macOS. Much after the call / conversation would have been completed between a DIGITS phone (on primary or app on a different device) and another phone, when I wake up my Mac for a different reason, I have been getting call notifications that I didnt know how to stop.

I have a feeling that Android version of DIGITS is a lot stabler than macOS and iOS. There is also no time lag between when the primary device and the DIGITS app on Android starts to ring. Whereas on iOS, it always starts a second or two later. I tend to think that the "Allow calls on Other devices" in iOS is posing a challenge, so I switched off that also; but even then, the inconsistency on incoming calls sucks.

All replies

• rpanchapagesan

Re: DIGITS on iOS

I can now confirm more authentically, since I wasn't sure with my tests prior to the Original Post. I upgraded to latest version 1.0.22, uninstalled the digits app on a different iOS phone whose number itself is setup for DIGITS access etc. and made all my setup as clean as it can be -- meaning as if I installed for the first time. I have tested the DIGITS APP in both Android (Marshmallow as well as Nougat) as well as iOS 10.3.2. Both Android flavors of the app works great, but iOS doesn't receive incoming calls. I have put in the DIGITS sim card itself on a old iPhone (5s), and this works great. But the DIGITS app itself doesn't work both on iPhones as well as iPad.

• tmo_marissa

Re: DIGITS on iOS

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!