Why do EIP payments get applied towards your monthly bill as a credit?

emel00

As the title says, why is it every time I make an EIP payment to pay my phone off early, it instead gets applied to my monthly cell phone bill as a credit? It's as if I wanted to pay extra on my monthly cell service just for the heck of it! I don't want this applied to my monthly bill, I want it exclusively applied to my EIP debt so that you can continue invoicing me without said EIP added onto my monthly invoice!

I've seen several articles of customer getting hit with a huge bill at the end of the month due to this shady tactic because they don't get a notification that a payment is due. It's extremely infuriating and I don't understand why your system does this. I've attempted to reach customer service regarding this but I'm always told, "Oh, yes we hear that alot. I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do. We're trying to fix that in the future, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do."

FIX. IT.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry this has been such a pain for you. I think the it's because the billing system doesn't differentiate the payment you're making towards the EIP. When you put pay on the account, it just goes toward the entire balance. I can't say if/when that'll change, but it would be the same way if you called in and made tried to make the EIP payment as well. My apologies if we didn't make that clear for you.