Branched to a new discussion.
sneh8999

I had three lines earlier and i was happy with their service. in November t-mobile had promotion for add two lines for free. it was thanks giving weekend. i needed only one line so i called the customer service and spoke with them about adding free line. they told me that this is absolutely free line and there will be no extra charge on your account. having said that no extra charge on my account i accepted the offer and added only one line to my account.

after month i got an email about the billing. They had charged me $40 plus tax for the extra line which i had added last month.

i called them right away and spoke with representative, they said that you will have to pay for this line and after two months you will get credit for it.

i was so pissed off. when i added the line they didn't told me about anything like this and now they changing their statement and telling me something else. after speaking with them for an hour they gave me credit for $20 and told me that rest credit they will give me in next billing cycle.

next month they still charge me for extra line and didn't give me the credit they were suppose to give so i had called them again and they fixed it after speaking with them for very long time.

third month - i was hoping that now the issue must be resolved and end of the month i checked the bill and again they charged me for the extra line. i can not express my frustration here, i called them again and spoke with representative. i asked why your system still charging me for the extra line which they told me is free. they said they are upgrading the system and it will be resolve from next month onwards. this time i will personally waive the charge and give you credit for it. this took me atleast 45 min on the phone.

now in march they charge me again for the free line and i am pissed off at T-Mobile. i called customer service and spoke with live agent. he told me that you are no eligible for free line that is why you being charged every month for an extra line. i am like what in the hell wrong with this representative. i told him check your fact, look in your system and than talk to me. he again told me the same thing. i was tired of explaining my issue and told him to transfer to his manager or supervisor. the supervisor agreed that the representative made an error telling you about the account. you have free line but don't know the reason why you being charged every month. i will set up an inquiry for you and give you a credit for free line. he told me that i will give you follow up call in week or 10 days to make sure that your issue has been resolved i told him about everything that happened since the day i activated the extra line. he assure me to call back. i insisted him to take action against that representative who had give me big shock and almost a stroke.

now today i had another email from them for bill and it has charges  for extra line.

that supervisor who told me that he will give me call, he never called me for follow up.

the issue is still the same.

they charging me for extra line.

i have to call them every month and speak with them for a very long time to get the credit.

they not doing the right job and make people suffer.

i have had called them more than 20 times since i added that extra line.

its really frustrating that as a valued customer they treat us like crap.

how can i spare time for this every month??

its really not acceptable at all how they scam customers and make them go through this crunching situation.

i am fed up with T-Mobile customer service. 

All replies

• mikewatrous

Re: Get free line scam..

Sorry to see your frustrations sneh8999, but I'm glad I am not the only one that is not impressed with their billing and how T-Mobile's customer service are very friendly and tell you what you want to hear to make you feel like your problem has just been resolved.

I am also getting a "free line" that I am paying for and am promised it will be resolved in a couple of billings.
        I've called several times and they are telling me that I do not have a free line until I press them to look at my Plan again and then they agree that I do have a free-line which makes me feel that they are merely pacifying me to get me off the phone and onto the next caller.

I will be anxious to see how your ordeal is resolved since I feel like I will be right behind you after another billing or two...

• tmo_marissa

Hey sneh8999 and mikewatrous.  It's awful to read both of these descriptions of the difficulty you've had with the billing for these lines - it seems like you're both putting in effort to get the issue resolved and I don't blame you if your patience is running thin. 

Although the Support Community is a user forum, so we don't have individual account access here, I do know that mikewatrous is correct regarding the plan type being the key here.  If I'm understanding the promotion you're speaking of correctly, this promotion is coded into the name of the plan you're placed on as we'd see it on our internal view of your account - so one of our representatives would merely need to look at the rate plan in our system to know whether or not the proper enrollment had taken place.  If that set-up is correct and you're still missing your credits, then we do have an internal escalation process in place where representatives in Care or our T-Force team can contact an offline support team with your information. 

Have you received a new bill yet, mikewatrous?  And sneh8999, I know it hasn't quite been a week, but have you received the follow-up call yet?  Am I reading correctly that you've both contacted us through Care over the phone previously?  I ask because we have an excellent social media frontline team called T-Force that you can reach out to via Facebook PM or Twitter DM for assistance as well.  Since you're both reaching out online now, it seems worth mentioning that they're a fantastic resource for help.  Through those channels they do have secure account verification systems, so unlike us they can take a look at your account and bill details to get to the bottom of what's happening here.  We definitely want to make this right for you both - the sooner the better.

- Marissa

• mikewatrous

I didn't want to hi-jack sneh8999's thread with his issues and that was not my intention.
              With that said, I do appreciate your concern and advise, Marissa.
              My first bill shows up as $110.50 and it should be $75 even.  I was going to wait for the next bill, but I think I will take your advise and contact T-Force so maybe it will be corrected right away.
              My plan shows that the account "Current Monthly Total" to be $150 instead of $105.
              Thank you for your concern and for reaching out to us, Marissa.

• sneh8999

Hey Marissa,

thank you for the prompt response,

I have simple choice promo plan with T-Mobile since Dec 2015.

Initially i had only two line and later i added one more line to it, then my bill was $167.37/ three line. after i added the fourth line in Nov 2016. every month the bill usually $220s.

In march i had $221.38 bill and this month i had $210.76 bill.so far i didn't receive any follow up call.

I just checked my bill and i see a credit of $41.09 to the bill so its making $173.26.

I want to ask you that customer representative who told me that my bill will never change a penny, then why does this happens?

i hope that this issue which i and mikewatrous has should be resolved. we souldn't have to reach out to T-Mobile support team for this issue again.

thanks..!

• mikewatrous

I want to thank you, Marissa, for suggesting I contact T-Force.
                    I got a very fast and enthusiastic response from one of the techs.
                    He looked at my account and the documents I supplied and agreed I need to have the plan details corrected and he noted that I have a refund coming to me.
                    He escalated my concern to those that can make the changes.

He assured me that I should see the billing correct and the refund by the next billing period - and by his enthusiasm and knowledge of what I was explaining to him, somehow I believe this will happen. I will know for sure in just a week or so....

And thanks to you, sneh8999 for letting me ride your coattails on your post
                    and hope the best to you in your billing - which looks like is being taken care of as well..  :-)

• tmo_marissa

I'm so glad that you had quick and knowledgeable help mikewatrous!  I am confident that the T-Force team is able to contact their offline support team for escalation and get this fixed for you - I hope we can make that correction as snappy as our response!

And sneh8999, I feel like that credit is a good sign.  As far as fluctuations go - that can definitely happen just because of taxes alone if you're not on a tax included plan, but the easiest way to determine whether or not those are the culprit is going to be looking at the detailed bill, which starts on the third page of your .pdf statement.  I hope we make good on that follow-up call - we take commitments for call backs very seriously, so dropping the ball there after everything you've been through already would be just terrible.  However, if for some reason we pass that ten day mark and you still haven't heard from us, I would love for you to contact T-Force for help as well.  Like I said, I do think that the credit is a great sign, though - that's awesome to hear.

- Marissa

• remispec

My story about free lines. I had 2 simple chose lines 10Gb data for years. In November - i took 2 free lines, sound a good promotion, But after that problems starts. My plan was changed to 4 lines and was kept charged for all 4 lines. Avery month I had to call several times to customer service, nobody understand what i want. Because i took the offer at the store -  I was told go to the store. In the store -  associates say I have to call to customer service, After spending hours  - finally somebody apply credit for these free lines, December bill  - same thing. again. January - same phone calls visits to the store. February - same.

By the end of February new promotion from March 1 will be one line for free. Anyway - I need only one free line. I was told in the store - to cancel these free lines and sign for new promotion. I was promised that new promotion will work better with no billing problems + i will give back to T-mobile one line - what I no needed. I call and ask to cancel free ( It was  scheduled to cancel in two week). When I call  to get new promotion - i was informed - that because I canceling  lines ( doesn't meter that is free lines) I can not get the new promotion and  only one way - is to keep existing offer - and do not cancel lines.

OK if is for T- mobile is better to give 2 free lines like one - is ok for me. I agree cancel cancellation, the lines was active and just was scheduled to be canceled.  I spoke with several customer representatives, have names and IDs, agreed that my plan will be 2 unlimited  all in with 2 free lines and my free lines was canceled anyway. then new bill comes - and shows like 180 for two lines.  After sever phone calls is corrected for new bill circle.  at that last conversation   with customer service - was notified that nobody make correct adjustment. I lost my free lines , by T-mobile careless , You cannot trust anymore on verbal agreements.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, remispec! I'm very sorry to read about your trouble with this promotional rate plan runaround. It sounds like you've contacted us over the phone time and again and are hearing conflicting information, but we absolutely want this taken care of for you. Since the Support Community is a user forum, Community Managers don't have individual account access (we have no secure verification method). I know you've exerted a ton of effort already, but if you have a moment, I would strongly recommend that you Contact Us through DM on Twitter (@tmobilehelp) or PM on Facebook (by logging in and clicking the Message option below the cover photo on the T-Mobile Facebook page) to contact our T-Force team. As you can see from this thread, we have had a lot of users report success working with this team to get to the bottom of complicated concerns with promotions and billing. I sincerely hope your experience will be the same! Please let us know how it goes!

- Marissa

• barcodeable

I have had problems getting credits for my 3 FREE PROMOTIONAL Lines.... finally i think everything is how it should be. The March free line is labled "This One's On Us" .... and my 2 previous free lines from thanksgiving says something similar..... so Im very happy .... i also was on the phone several times, i reached out to T-Force via the twitter app continuously and they had told me from the beginning that i wasn't eligible to get the free lines. I knew what the promo was advertised as, so i persisted and continued to state my claim and 1 out of 5 T-Force Rep dug deeper into my account and saw I indeed was eligible.

I hope you are able to get atleast 1 free line .

i have heard so many people say regarding this subject, T-Mobile customer service reps say "Due to the system's limitation, they are unable to add the free promotional lines to your account".

Hopefully they will give you what you signed up for

• remispec

the free flower call is a joke ,  I was promised several times, that somebody will  call you to follow that everything is  set correctly , but nobody calls ever.

Next time i call to customer service  -  like never called before, nothing  is completed  nobody knows any previous  agreements.

Previously I was so happy with T-mobile with exceptional   service . I am customer for more like 10 years . I was telling for everybody how T-mobile  is the best  company,  People was asking me - do I work for T-mobile. But  something happened to T-mobile. Customer service - doing nothing , perhaps nothing will be not bad, but giving wrong information. One division  do not know what other do.

• tmo_marissa

That's so frustrating to experience, remispec, and I'm frustrated right along with you reading it over. We should be leaving detailed notes in every account we touch so that there's a continuity to your experience and you don't need to explain your situation over and over. It sounds like that hasn't been happening for you, and we can't apologize enough.

One additional benefit of reaching out to T-Force as we mentioned above is that the message thread stays there for you to return to at will -- so all of the content of your previous exchange is right there, typed out. We don't want you to have to reach out more than once for a fix, but in the even that you do, it's nice to have everything there already. It sounds like you've been a dream customer and we want to get this worked out for you to restore your faith... I know you're exhausted at this point, but I truly hope you'll contact us and give us that opportunity.

- Marissa

• remispec

that T-MOBILE T-Force team on Twitter - useless. T-mobile like movie with Adam Sandler '50 First Dates".

Like that movie Lucy in the morning do not remember nothing , what happened yesterday. You can talk endlessly - no one will remember yesterdays conversation, actually they cannot read what was written yesterday. Unbelievable.

• tmo_marissa

That's a pretty funny comparison - I wish you were making it about someone else! That movie had a decent number of laughs, for sure. There must be a system error as T-Force teams are able to review previous message content as long as you return to the same message thread while logged into the same Social Media account. We're happy to answer any general questions about the promotion, but since this is a public user forum, we've reached the limit of how we can assist here on the Support Community as far as providing any advisement for how it would impact your individual account. That said, we definitely appreciate how engaged you've been in returning to provide your feedback and will pass it on!

- Marissa

• mikewatrous

I'd like to add on this thread that you, TMO-Marissa, suggested that I contact the T-Force team on Facebook and within minutes I saw the phone number in my account indicate that my free line was noted as being "This One's On Us Promo" and when I got my next bill it was exactly what I expected with all the discounts on my agreement.

I'm just taking this opportunity to say thanks to you for prodding me to contact them, Marissa.
                                          I replied back to the T-Force message a few days ago, after getting my corrected bill to let them know that they indeed straightened out my account issue and I was very grateful for their help.

• remispec

T-Force team say is too late to help. and They do not see a problem, They do not know anything about free lines promotion billing problems.
                                              After I took the promotion in November need to make hundreds of phone calls to T-Mobile. T-mobile told me  to cancel that promotion and get on March 1th  one line promotion.  Then - that I am not eligible any more.
                                              4,256 Complaints  about T-Mobile - Consumer Affairs and T- mobile do not see the problemm

• barcodeable

Are you implying T-Mobile Reps may be using Etch-A-Sketch's when adding comments about customer comments ... LOL.... once their system shakes just a little bit (everything dissapears and back to a clean slate) lol.

I checked my upcoming bill.... my credits are there.... i get $80 of credits for my 2 Black Friday free lines.... and the March 1st Free Line cancels itself out leaving a zero balance plus taxes and fees.... SPEAKING OF FEES.... starting next month T-Mobile are imposing new regulatory fees for this and that.... $2.11 + .60 per voice line/ .98 + .83 cents for Data only lines..... not sure if that includes "OnDemand Lines".... And I guess T-Mobile ONE subscribers are exempt from these fees since the are "ALL IN" concerning taxes and fees.... im still not migrating to the ONE PLAN ... not yet IMG_0323.PNG

• remispec

I spend several days explaining situation that T-mobile cancel my free lines without my permission over and over again to T-Force team members and NOTHING 

• barcodeable

If you have talked to T-Force, you have already talked to Customer Service Peps/ Supervisors....Ironically  the T-Mobile reps on this Forum are recommending you to contact Twitter T-Force... but T-Force are not successfully assisting you with your dellima .... it sounds like you are in a never ending loop of horror.... and everyone have been just passing "The Buck".   

When i was in a similar situation as you.... a rep on this forum told me to contact T-Force.... I did... i had to first figure out my twitter password, i havnt used that account in years...lol..... when i contacted T-Force.... i was told several times i did not qualify for one reason or another, eventhough I knew i did qualify... probably the 4th T-Force rep i talked to actually looked into my account and got the ball rolling..... but after being told i didn't qualify for this awesome deal....  i was furious, and i felt like breaking something.....i know i shouldnt let a phone line get me so agitated... but this is an awesome deal, and i followed all of the guidelines to the letter..... just to get told a few months later i don't qualify..... fire was coming out of my ears (im sure of it). but now after more phone calls to the customer service reps.... and then the customer service reps were able to see the notes the T-Force rep made in my account.... everything is how it should be.... 3 FREE LINES safe and secured on my account....

i hope your situation gets straightened out.... i feel sad for you, for missing such a great promotional deal because of someone else's mishaps (especialy when the mishap was made by a tmobile rep).... its like its becoming a blue wall of silence experience

• tmo_marissa

remispec, I am sorry that you've exhausted additional resources without any success. I assure you that if it weren't for so many previous positive responses and experiences with our T-Force team, we wouldn't have encouraged you to reach out yet again using another format. I know  barcodeable makes a good point, you're reaching out here and we're advising you to contact another team -- we don't want you to feel like we're "passing the buck" as was mentioned. Since this is a public user forum, we're not able to see your account, and for issues that require account access, we do need to refer users to a team that can help.

That said, although we've reached our limitation for ability to assist in this public forum, we do want your problems resolved, especially if an error on our part caused them initially. If we've advised that it's past the point where we could resolve this by placing you on the promotional plan you requested, I hope we were at least able to offer alternative resolutions of some kind -- from your description, it sounds like these lines cost you more than they ought to have; and I certainly hope we've taken steps to remedy that. Since we're not in a position to access accounts ourselves, I can't speak to what resolution options would be available. I know that you've tried every method of Contacting Us, spoken to numerous representatives and supervisors, and it seems like we still haven't been able to offer a satisfactory fix for your issue, which is a shame. I'm going to send you a PM to get a little bit more detail about your interactions so that we can forward feedback regarding your experience, if you'd be so kind. 

In the interim, I'm locking this thread as the most recently added concerns don't reflect the original post (it's been branched so that we can ensure that the poster receives assistance, but we don't want additional posts piled-on that also deserve their own attention). I know that mikewatrous was successful in having his issues resolved (thank goodness!), but I do want to add; sneh8999 -- it's been some time since you made this post initially, but if that lump sum credit you received wasn't the beginning of a resolution and you're still having trouble and would like the thread unlocked, please PM me.

Thank you,

Marissa