Just switched to T-Mobile 3 days ago.

jeppa27

Have not received any text nor can I send any text since. Coverage map shows I should be covered. Check for available networks and have not seem t-mobile once!! Do I need to switch back?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Just switched to T-Mobile 3 days ago.

Yikes! That's a shame. We want you to be happy you made the switch, not missing signal complete. What kind of phone do you have? Can you try giving it a restart to see if T-Mobile shows up? Have you been in any other locations to see if you get signal? The only reason I ask is because this could be stemming from a specific location. Either way, let us know. We want to do everything we can to get you service so you'll stay.

• jeppa27

I have the LG K20 plus. I have been to several places. Mostly went with T-Mobile because they, besides Verizon, had coverage where me and the family needed and used it, also much cheaper than Verizon. But if the phones don't work then any amount I pay is too much. It's happening on all 6 lines I have. 3 Iphone 7 pluses, an Iphone SE and another LG K20 plus.

• jeppa27

Restarted Several times and yes, tmobile does come up.

• tmo_mike_c

Oh wow, that's even worse if it's happening to other lines too. So, do all of the lines have signal bars or does T-Mobile just show up and has no signal? Also, have you or your other lines ever been able to use the service or has it not been working whatsoever for the entire 3 days?

• jeppa27

I have 4 or 5 bars and we have been able to use it, sporadically. I guess the issue is that the coverage map is not indicative of what the coverage really is. That is a major issue as I have children I need to communicate with.

• artart

jeppa27 wrote:

I have 4 or 5 bars and we have been able to use it, sporadically. I guess the issue is that the coverage map is not indicative of what the coverage really is. That is a major issue as I have children I need to communicate with.

Hi jeppa27

If your problem is caused by bad reception in your immediate area, or especially in your own home, you could ask T-Moblie to provide you a cellspot router. Of course you would need to have a land line internet connection at home in order for it to work..

My router works exceptionally well. You might want to give one a try if other remedies don't materialize.

Art

• drnewcomb2

If you zoom in on T-Mobile's coverage map  to the point that it shows different shades of magenta, and it says "good" or "excellent" then you should have service. If it says "fair", you may (or may not) have service. Did you trade in your old phones or keep them? You may want to return everything back to T-Mobile within the 14-day buyer's remorse window.