da1cjp

my T-Mobile LTE is not working, wifi works just fine but nothing from text messages to apps are not working, in troubleshooting I have reset the network settings, replaced the SIM card, restarted phone, contacted customer care which had me do all the following i just mentioned as well as went into the store to only be told i need to call customer care. Also, when i go to a webpage in safari i am getting no data plan when I am paying for unlimited everything. Any Ideas on this issue?

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: LTE Not Working

So to start I want to ask what phone are you using? Is it one that you bought through t-mobile or is it a device that you brought from a diffrent carrier. Also when you say your LTE isn't working do you mean that your connecting to a LTE signal and that it doesn't work or is it all types of signal in this area. For example, have you tried 4g(hspa+) or even 2g(E)?

• tmo_marissa

Hey da1cjp!  Are you still having trouble with LTE?  I hope you've been able to get this working, but if not, do you mind taking a peek at the clarifying questions that dragon1562 asked above?  A little bit of extra information would definitely help steer us to the right troubleshooting attack.  Thanks!

- Marissa

• da1cjp

Thanks for the reply. I answer your question I have an Iphone 6 Plus i have had this phone for two years since since switching over to T-Mobile (purchased from the T-Mobile store).

To answer your second question, the phone indicated LTE and 4G in some areas but the I can never get any data service (i.e. when i try to open an app or go to a webpage nothing is happening on the phone to proceed to the data).

I have been working with T-Mobile and they have switched my SIM card out twice with no luck.

Thanks for your help with this issue.

• tmo_marissa

Hmmm da1cjp!  That's super odd.  I'm glad to know that you were able to rule out the SIM as an issue - but on the other hand it's a little disconcerting - if you're not getting any connection in any location, then that would point to either the SIM, provisioning, or the device.  Since you've already reached out to teams with account access, I'd wager we checked the back end provisioning for any issues and came up short in that regard.  Have you completed a master reset on your device?  Can you pinpoint any changes that happened around the time that this started?

- Marissa

• da1cjp

Hi, All

Just wanted to provide an update seems the issue has been fixed, it seems to have been a provisioning issue the rep informed me of; kinda odd since there has not been any changes to my account / service and had the phone for over two years. Anyway, LTE is currently working successfully now.

Thanks,

• aniyalvarez

Hey can I ask you how you fixed it? I'm having the EXACT same problem right now

• tmo_marissa

That's a bummer, aniyalvarez! The original poster here referenced that there was a "provisioning issue" causing their problems, which usually means that's something we resolve on our end by provisioning the account appropriately - have you already tried to Contact Us ?

What type of phone are you using? Have you just started service with us, or did your LTE suddenly stop working? Have you had the opportunity to test this issue in multiple locations? What troubleshooting steps have you run through so far? We're happy to assist in whatever way we can!

- Marissa

• sashanaa

I am also having this problem.....I have an iPhone 7 and have been with T-Mobile for a couple of years now. Never had this problem before.

• tmo_marissa

Yikes, sashanaa! Thanks for hanging out with us for all this time -- but I'm sorry to read that your LTE suddenly disappeared! Do you have a chance to fill in a few details for us? About how long ago did this problem with your iPhone 7 start? Is your LTE missing everywhere, or just in a certain location? I know the OP who started this thread let us know that a provisioning issue was corrected by one of our internal teams and that fixed the problem for them -- have you contacted our Tech team already?

- Marissa

• anamreg73

Hi .... I have the same problem

in the last few days my iPhone 5 doesn't get the LTE band in any place, including where other phones with the same carrier get the LTE

we
                          1. restart the cell
                          2. reset the network settings
                          3. replace the SIM

4. Make a backup and restore the cellphone from iTunes

we also tried a different SIM from another carrier on the same cellphone and it immediately get the LTE

Any other option other then move to another carrier?

• tmo_marissa

Hmmm... that's no good, especially to read that you've walked all the way through a reset with no improvement! Is this a T-Mobile iPhone 5, or an unlocked device? Do your network settings match these: Network & APN: Apple iPhone 5, or are you using the Generic T-Mobile data settings? Lastly, I know you mentioned that you're not seeing LTE with your T-Mobile SIM anywhere -- are the locations you've tested in the same general area, or different towns/cities? Thanks!

- Marissa

• anamreg73

Hi Marissa

thx for your reply. This is an unlocked device and I can't check the settings as I have iOS 10.3.2 and the setting mentioned in the link provided are nor available. As mentioned in that link I only tried to reset the Network settings with no luck

I have the problem in Boston area, Lexington Area, Newton area, but also in New Hampshire: I do not see the LTE signal anywhere

• tmo_marissa

Bummer! In that case, since it's happening in different markets and you're not able to manually check the APNs, can you try to Contact Us so that we can take a look on our side? It may be a provisioning issue, as the OP mentioned. Please let us know how it goes!

- Marissa