kymberlymurphy

Does anyone else have this problem?  My phone constantly drops calls and when ever a call does go thru, the caller cant understand me because I either break up or I sound like I'm in a tunnel or I'm a robot. I've contacted T-Mobile and they sent me a signal booster that gives zero help.  I'm so over not getting the service I was told I'd get when I switched over. I want out of my contract.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: worst service in the world

They haven't had contracts in years. Exactly where are you and what phone do you have?

• tidbits

Are you using wifi calling?

• barcodeable

As tidbits stated....T-Mobile haven't had a traditional service contract in years.... but if you have an EIP or if you have received one of those FREE phones and/or tablet promotional deals you will have to pay those off if you want to end your dealings with T-Mobile unfortunately. T-Mobile will not let you walk away with their free merchandise if you will not continue with the terms of the promo deal.

But I do understand your gripe with T-Mobile service. I get dropped calls in the same area every time I travel on a particular highway and I have no usable service in my home... and those boosters and cell spot devices didn't work for me either. But you have a right to go with whatever carrier you choose.

What would be awesome.... due to your terrible service .... T-Mobile allows you to turn in all of your equipment and you are released from any current or future obligations :)

Tidbits also wanted to know what type of phone you are currently using. Sometimes particular phones have better frequencies installed that utilizes the T-Mobile service better than a phone from 7 years ago.... as technologies improve, the phones improve, and customers get better service. I can speak from experience, my wife's iPhone se works great inside of our house via WiFi Calling.... but my Note 3 has no luck at making quality WiFi calls.... don't know why.... but I plan on staying with T-Mobile for many, many other reasons.... but I'm hoping that their services improve very soon....

• tidbits

Sad part of those promo deals is the fact people would exploit that. Not saying the OP will.

@OP when did you start service and when did you start having trouble?

• kymberlymurphy

Thank you so much for all of your input and info. Sooooo very much

appreciated.

We got our phones last year and we are on a lease so thats basically the

same thing as a contract. My boyfriend and I both have the Note 5 and my

daughter has the iphone 6S.

Im glad you told me that I can return all of the equipment and walk away.

Thats exactly what we are gonna do!!!!!

• tidbits

Actually you can't return the equipment and walk away. You can however get the devices unlocked and continue paying for them and use them on almost any GSM carrier.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • drnewcomb2

The Lifetime Coverage Guarantee required you buy the device on JUMP! On Demand (JOD). I don't know if T-Mobile is offering the Coverage Guarantee on new accounts any more, or not.

To the OP: Have you tried using WiFi Calling at home?

• stevetjr

Wifi calling will usually solve your call issues at home and IMHO better than a signal booster and if you don't want to use wifi calling you can always get them to send you a LTE cellspot which will connect to your home broadband and essentially put an LTE cell tower in your home.  The biggest thing that is or will help T-Mobile's coverage in your area is Band 12 deployment which both of the Note 4 and 6S support.  While not an official T-Mobile site it has proven to be pretty accurate Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrumand shows that it looks like T-Mobile is starting deployment in that area soon. 

Licensed area available for network deployment. Spectrum Gateway expects the network to be deployed in Q2-Q4 2016.

It looks like there have been "sighting" in Ramona and near Miramar which probably are them just turning towers on for checks as they convert the towers but is usually a good sign they are out and working in that market.

Band 12 is low band spectrum and penetrates buildings, trees and other objects much better than the higher bands not to mention the signal carriers much farther (general rule of thumb is it takes 4 high band towers to cover same area as 1 low band tower).  When I look at the coverage map of your area when you zoom in closer it looks like there are actually a lot of "fair" areas which means indoor coverage can be hit or miss.  Band 12 will resolve that.

• barcodeable

I'm sorry for the miscommunication on my part regarding my previous post.... i was not implying to return anything.... I was merely attempting to say because of all your trouble T -Mobile should do the right thing and allow you to return your equipment. But that is at T-Mobile's discretion. But what us customers believe is the right thing to do may not be good for business from the companies point of view.From personal experiences due to terrible circumstances i have been a victim of, companies have gone beyond their usual practices to make things fair. So I am hoping T-Mobile do something to help you with your problem.

But as I said, these hypothetical remedies are at the sole discretion of T-Mobile. So please don't return to the t-mobile store to give anything back. I would suggest to continue to contact T-Mobile and allow them to come up with a suitable remedy.

I'm very sorry for any confusion :(

• dragon1562

As many others have stated you should take advantage of your devices ability to make pretty much any wifi connection a glorified extension of t-mobile's coverage. You will be able to make calls and texts like normal if you did set up wifi calling. I also wanted to add that T-mobile's coverage will eventually get better in fact they just got done with a huge auction in which they spent around $8 billion dollars for spectrum licenses which they will use those air waves to fill in and densify their coverage further.

Also you mentioned you been with t-mobile for a year now so what has changed? I'm just curious because its honestly easier to avoid the headaches of switching if feasible.

• formercanuck

Have you ever tried turning 'off' VoLTE calling ?  This would allow your phone to use traditional 4G/3G/2G calling which is typically more reliable than VoLTE when service is overloaded/weak.

• tmo_marissa

Hey kymberlymurphy!  I just wanted to check in with you.  It looks like this thread turned into a Hall of Fame of some of our most knowledgeable community members and pillars - they had some great advice to offer, were you able to read everything over?  Is Wi-Fi calling an option for you?  How is everything going?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi there!  Just touching base to see how you're doing.  We want to make sure you were able to find a solution to the coverage issue you're having.  I know our Community members provided some awesome feedback here, but please let us know if you have any other questions!

- Marissa