danaugust

Does the T-Mobile version of the LG G6 support a second SIM? In the instructions it shows a picture of the SIM drawer. It looks like the second slot could take a second SIM when it turned sideways. I know other LG phones work that way. I've included a picture of what I am talking about:

LG SIM.jpg

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: Hybrid Dual Sim on the LG G6

From my understanding it works that way with some variants but i am fairly certain that our variant does not support dual SIM.

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday!

Much like your question on the SIM tray on the S8, I was able to find this on the LG G6. While you can easily fit a second SIM in there, it will not have the dual SIM function as theartiszan mentioned.

• danaugust

It's disheartening that T-Mobile doesn't embrace the subset of their customers that require a dual SIM phone. Purchasing an unlocked international version of whatever phone will work (I'm using an international unlocked LG V10 dual SIM phone I got from amazon) but it can't take advantage of T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling which I could use. T-Mobile gave me a nice Asus home router that is also a T-Mobile cell station that works great for my wife's T-Mobile LG G4 but my unlocked LG V10 can't utilise that feature. I would gladly purchase a dual SIM phone from T-Mobile, if one was available. My experience at the T-Mobile stores has been usually blank stares when I ask to see what is offered with dual sim capability.

• tmo_marissa

I hear you, danaugust.  We do our best to offer fantastic roaming options so that our customers don't have to switch SIMs - but I can totally appreciate that there are certain folks whose lifestyles may simply be better suited to a dual-SIM option.  We appreciate the feedback and will pass it along.

- Marissa