Iphone 7 IMEI

amk.kurdi

my iphone 7 from t-mobile and work on t-mobile sim but when icheck the number of imei on your site https://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx/   . get this message :  We do not recognize the IMEI number you entered. Please try again or contact Customer Care . i want to get your explanation

with my respect

Ahmad M

amk.kurdi@gmail.com

All replies

• e2k

Re: Iphone 7 IMEI

The phone works, right? Are you the original owner? If so, you've got nothing to be concerned about.

If you are not the original owner and you bought the phone secondhand, I only hope that the phone has been fully paid off and has not and will not be reported lost/stolen/damaged and end of getting blacklisted.

As far as the IMEI check is concerned, again, I wouldn't sweat it.

• amk.kurdi

No I've got it as a gift from a friend

I have used one of the specialized checking devices and sent me a report

Serial Number: F4JSM5****** Initial Activation Policy ID: 4000 MEID: Activation Policy Description: US Reseller Flex Policy IMEI: 353825085******  Applied Activation Policy ID: 2136 Part Description: iPhone 7 Applied Activation Policy Description: US T-Mobile Locked Activation Policy Product Version: 10.3.1 Next Tether Policy ID: 2136 Last Restore Date: Next Tether Activation Policy Description: US T-Mobile Locked Activation Policy Bluetooth MAC Address: First Unbrick Date: 04/06/17 Last Unbrick Date: Unbricked: Unlocked: false Unlock Date:

• amk.kurdi

by the way I asked my friend he bought the device from WALMART

• e2k

Since T-Mobile didn't sell the device, they don't have a record of it in their database. The phone should still work fine.

• amk.kurdi

im confused right now because I'm out of the US and I can not use the phone  i do not know what the right procedure is for me to take .

If I used the SIM for the country where I reside, I get a message Sim not Supported .Please, is there a solution?

• amk.kurdi

And why only the device accepts only SIM T-Mobile USA

• tidbits

Apple has this sim lock policy. You need to complain to Apple to change their policy.

What happens is unlocked sim iPhone when you put a carrier sim it will lock to that carrier. The carrier does not have those IMEI in the system and can't request an unlock because they have no idea who's device it belongs to. This policy was long criticized before Apple even established the policy.