skinny7

Dear all,

This is my first post. Please help with this issue.

When I turn on only the wifi, my Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL cannot get on the internet, especially Youtube. I can use other apps, like Viber or Skype.

When I turn on both wifi and cellular data services, things are a bit faster, but still as slow as a crippled turtle!

When I turn on only the cellular data services, it works fine.

Anyone has any idea to help me with this wifi issue, please help. The phone is cheap (I know); however, it does have band 2, 4,  and 12 to work with T-Mobile. Thank you very much.

Skinny7

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey skinny7,

That poor turtle! I am not gonna lie, usually we would expect to see these kind of issues with the T-Mobile network being the culprit since the cell network is a bit more susceptible to things like congestion and low signal strength which can cause slow or unresponsive data related activities. In your situation, it sounds like the Wi-Fi from your home ISP is behind this trickery since you have no issues when Wi-Fi is off.

Out of curiosity, do you have any other devices on your Wi-Fi network like laptops, gaming consoles, wireless table lamps? If so, are you seeing the same issues with slow/unresponsive data on those specific devices? Also, is this something that just recently started or has it always been like this? I only ask because I know there are some apps out there that claim they can increase your speeds by using your Wi-Fi in tandem with your T-Mobile network but if the app is bad or out of date, it could actually cause more problems than it is actually doing good. If you downloaded an app recently that has any sort of control over your Wi-Fi, I would recommend deleting that app and testing your internet again to see if that helps. If you don't have any apps like that or can’t remember if you downloaded anything recently, you can try putting your phone up in "Safe Mode" which will put it in "pure" state where no 3rd party apps are running. While in Safe Mode, you can test your data again with Wi-Fi on and see if the same troubles creep up.

Let me know how it goes!