Planning to leave DIGITS BETA

debjitjdv

Hi tmo_marissa tmo_chris evanmf

I am planning to leave DIGITS BETA soon. Frankly speaking, I did not get any resolution for Bug 1857, 1858 and 1868 even after 2 weeks. I think those bug reports are not worked at all and floating somewhere in space. I am just a BETA participant but if I cannot try it then what's the point of being a BETA participant? Tried to give as much as feedback possible and shared my experiences. And recently I have noticed it is hampering sometime activities of my primary line as well. You guys really need a more clean, transparent bug reporting and bug resolution scheme. In the current way, it will take months to get this thing stabilized. And atleast if I leave BETA, it will open up atleast two slots. Anyway I am non-functioning, lets hope someone else can have a better luck to try.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Planning to leave DIGITS BETA

Hey debjitjdv,

Please know that we greatly appreciate this feedback! With this being our first public beta, we have definitely had our fair share of snags not only with DIGITS but also with the beta itself. Without dedicated and active testers like yourself, we would never be able to make any progress with the beta. While I do not have any news on your current bug reports, you can rest assured that your complaints have not gone unheard and we are doing everything we can to squash these bugs. I understand if you want to leave the beta (which would make use very sad) but I hope that you would continue to give us your patience and feedback while we work to make DIGITS the best it can be.

• tmo_evan

debjitjdv

Let me go dig into the team relative to these particular issues.  There were a bunch of issues that were "fixed" in the builds in the last 2 days some of these may have been part of them and the team is working through a back log of issues which includes updating the status of the bugs that are entered in via the care tool (there's a separate tracking of issues elsewhere).  Give me a day or so to see what's happening with these.

• debjitjdv

Thanks tmo_evan. Should you need any more info, I would be happy to provide it.

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan I checked the DIGITS app today. But I think the Bug 1857 and 1858 are still there. I am not receiving anything in the DIGITS app or in my Duplicate SIM Card.

• tmo_evan

debjitjdv  Been pushing the team.  Appears that there are at least 2 issues going on and the team has been working hard to figure out why and how to fix.  Hopefully they'll start to unwind the issues to get them all squared up for you. 

The first is related to a line change that you did on one of the lines.  For some reason the permissions didn't copy over when the number was changed and thus causing some of the issues.  The second is related to some backend account information which is apparently out of sync.

The team was looking at trying to manually fix some of the records which should solve the issues.

Give it another day and hopefully we should be good.

• debjitjdv

Thanks tmo_evan. The causes you mentioned seemed to me reasonable. I will let you know if  I see any changes.

• stevew407

Thanks for the update. And things seem much better today. That said the

change worked and then right back to the same error or scenario? Curious

how to look at the bug reports and how to be a better Beta tester. Also

hoping for more peace love and happiness in the world.

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan No improvement so far. Neither in the VIRTUAL line nor in Primary line.

• tmo_evan

debjitjdv

Hmm... I saw some indications that some of these issues should have been fixed.  Can you make sure to a) logout of any/all clients and b) reboot the devices before logging back in again?   Another thing might be to uninstall the application and re-install fresh from the market, just in case.

I'm sure you probably have done that already, I just want to make sure so that I can ping the triage team this weekend to find out what else might be going on.

Much appreciated you sticking around and helping test this all out!

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan If necessary I can share my account credentials with you guys for proper diagnosis. If one of the group admin send me a PM, I can share the TMobile ID and Password so that you guys can see what exactly is happening at your end.

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan

Reporting: Looks like one bug has been squashed / smashed. I am now able to receive call / text in my VIRTUAL DIGITS number in all of my DIGITS app (i.e. DIGITS app in my iPhone 6, Windows DIGITS app and Multi Line settings of Galaxy S7 Edge). Voicemail was working as well. Messages and call logs synced.

But no improvement on the issues regarding the primary line. Still no call/text on duplicate SIM or in DIGITS app.

• debjitjdv

An update tmo_evan ?

• tmo_evan

debjitjdv

They have some fixes they are trying out in the lab relative to the Duplicate SIM, so not sure yet when that is going to go into staging and then roll out into production.

One of the issues you're indicating still is that you can't use your primary phone number in the DIGITS app on other devices?  Is that one still happening too?

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan

Yes, that is still happening. I cannot use the primary number in the DIGITS app. I just checked in Windows 10 DIGITS app and iOS DIGITS app.

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan tmo_marissa not sure what is happening at the back end. But my primary line is getting affected badly. People are not getting me when they are calling, when I am calling someone it is getting connected to someone else. I cannot live without my primary number. I hope you guys understand the gravity of the situation. I am just wondering what latest and greatest feature you guys recently introduced that broke a perfectly working feature. PLEASE HELP ASAP and ASK ENGINEERS TO RESOLVE THIS. Even I am not sure if leave BETA, whether my primary line is going to work normally. AS a good gesture, I became a BETA tester knowing the risk but now DIGITS is no longer in BETA, its is now in ALPHA or something like CLASS PROJECT level.

• tmo_marissa

Hey debjitjdv.  I'm so sorry this has been causing you trouble.  I know that our DIGITS team are working as hard and fast as they can to resolve these issues for all users, but I understand that when something's not working right for you, our inability to provide a timeline is frustrating - I wish we had more to offer.  I know you and I have discussed the bugs that I filed on your behalf via PM, and believe me when I tell you that there is absolutely no one more qualified to discuss DIGITS in general than tmo_evan.  I assure you that we appreciate your feedback and patience and are doing what we can and don't want to let you down.  I am confident that all of the internal messages we've forwarded on your behalf are being reviewed - please trust that the level of engagement on this thread speaks to that! 

- Marissa

• debjitjdv

tmo_evan
                                        I tried the following:

1. I uninstalled DIGITS app from my Windows 10 Pro machine and downloaded DIGITS 2.13 and installed it. Logged in using my TMObile ID. Sent a message to my primary number but it never landed in the DIGITS app. Called my primary number but call never came to Windows DIGITS app.

2. I uninstalled DIGITS app from my iPhone 6 (having iOS 10.3.1) and rebooted my iPhone. Then I installed DIGITS 1.0.21 from App store and logged in using my TMoboile ID. I was able to verify the Device number using Text and then I enabled the primary line associated with the TMobile ID. Same issues, no call or text is arriving in DIGITS app.

And more interesting, when tried to activate the VIRTUAL line associated with the TMobile ID in DIGITS app in my iPhone, it said: Provisioning Error, Please call T-Mobile.

Also, no call or text came to my DUPLICATE sim card as well.

So no improvements.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!