202-277-7067

Just got a TMobile Galaxy S7.

I still have my old Virgin Mobile Galaxy S5 going with WiFi.

When a new Gmail email comes in, the S5 alerts me immediately. The new S7 notification comes at least 10 minutes later, sometimes much more.

Any way to make that faster?

Thanks.

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: Gmail Delays

It's possible that Gmail is being battery optimized. You can try going into battery in settings and battery optimization and tell it not to optimize Gmail.

• 202-277-7067

My Gmail doesn't appear to be battery optimized. I have a list of "sleeping apps" under settings --> device --> battery, and Google's not there.

The emails are pushed by Gmail -- Oh, interesting: I just sent a test email to try out something, and for the first time the new phone sounded the new-email alert first. Maybe it's fixed. Stay tuned.

• 202-277-7067

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, but gmail and Google do not appear to be involved in my phone's battery optimization.

Occasionally the phone notifies me immediately when there's an email, but more often it takes 10 or more minutes.

I responded earlier but the messages seem to be stuck in moderation. (Moderator, I guess you can delete those other responses from me that are pending.)

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  I just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd still noticed the new phone's email alerts dragging when compared to your S5.  How is everything going?

- Marissa