phinz13

Hello all,

I just signed up for the Parental Controls and would like some feedback on a problem I've run into before calling and getting transferred around.

I set up my kids phones in "schedules" to be blocked during certain time. I have added a list of phones that are always allowed. (adult family members)

problem is, I see that their data usage is still going up. does the schedules function only block calls & texts?? or is it also able to block data?? which is the main reason that I got this!

I know that they can still access wi-fi but I was hoping that the cellular date would be blocked (mainly at school, etc)

has anyone else had this problem?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Parental Controls - schedules?

Hey phinz13 Welcome to Support and thanks for reaching out!

You hit the nail on the head with your speculation around data. Family Allowances is designed to restrict calls and data and will not restrict data access, which sounds like what you were aiming for.

At this time, there's not an available option to block data from a device, either through T-Mobile or third party, otherwise I'd try to nudge you in the right direction.

Data being a primary resource on devices is becoming more and more prevalent and we've been doing our best to get requests like this passed along.

If there is anything I can help you with outside of answering this, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Lauren