can't post reply

jpyle490

I'm trying to reply to a post, and no matter which browser I try from (on two different operating systems), I get the following error when clicking the Add Reply button:

Your content could not be saved due to an error. You may have been logged out. If this problem persists please contact your system administrator. Click here to refresh this page.

I'm definitely not logged out.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

- Jeff

All replies

• jpyle490

Re: can't post reply

-test reply-

• tmo_marissa

Eeesh jpyle490!  Which post were you having trouble with?  Can you link to it?

- Marissa

• jpyle490

Marissa,

I cleared cache, cookies and history on Safari, a browser I almost never use, on an iMac I almost never use.  I went to the post link, logged in, and tried to re-post my reply.  No change in behavior.

cant-post-tmo594676.png

My primary browser is Chrome (Chromium) on Ubuntu, a completely different machine.  I see the same behavior there.  I also see the same behavior whether I reply to a particular post/message (as I tried here) or using the "Reply to original post" link. 

Are you able to write a reply to this post?  I'm wondering if it's "me" or "the post".

Any other thoughts?  Thanks for your help.

- Jeff

• tmo_marissa

I'm definitely able to reply to it... but my permissions on the site might be a little more forgiving, if there's an error of some kind it may not impact Community Managers.  We will look into it, thank you for alerting us - right now it seems to be isolated to the thread, which is good, but if you see anything else please call it out - in the meantime, you're welcome to post your reply here and I'll let tmo_mike_c know! 

- Marissa

• jpyle490

Marissa,

I tried to post my reply as a new thread, and it gave me a different error:  profanity.  Which, I have to admit, caught me off guard since that's not really my style.  What did I write??  I carefully reviewed my post.

The word it didn't like refers to a four-letter version of "flatulence", shall we say.  I made reference to a T-Mobile WiFi tunnel being the first thing to go whenever the WiFi network "breaks wind", and the system didn't like that.  I changed the wording to "network hiccup" and it posted fine.

Thanks for your help.  <chuckle>

- Jeff

• tmo_marissa

Jeff, this is going to be the best post I participate in this week.  Thank you for an awesome Monday morning! 

Side note: I saw your reply to Mike before I saw your reply here and was *so confused* for a moment.  More coffee it is.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!