Solved

My caller ID is wrong for outgoing calls

When my account was setup in Jan 17, they misspelled my last name by one letter.  I got that problems fixed so that my correct name shows on bills and my account.

A week or so ago I called landline number and was told that my name is incorrect.  It appears to happen on all carries. T-Mobile tech support was called and they found a problem on hier end.  The fix was promised in 72 hours since it needed transfer to a vendor.

I call about a week later and the problem hasn't been fixed.  Tech support gave me the same assurances.  The second complaint was lodged 3-31-17.  Can tmo escalate this to make sure it shows my last name as "Dukes"?  

icon

Best answer by adukes_007 19 April 2017, 01:56

View original

10 replies

I called back again and I was explained the details of the process.  The second tech had fixed the internal issue according to the third tech. The latest tech emailed the corrected info to the 3rd party ID company.  So hopefully it's fixed now.

Userlevel 3

Wow! I'm sorry you had to call back numerous times, @adukes_007. Fingers crossed that your last name is showing up properly now. I know that it can take a little bit of time once the request is submitted to the 3rd party company.

Did your caller ID get fixed?  I texted with support on 4/5 about no name showing up for caller ID and here 2 weeks later still not working so texting with them again in hopes it'll get corrected this time.  AT&T was so much easier.  Update it on the website and it's show up properly in a couple days.

It never truly got fixed.  I was pretty much told that the problem is with the third party named nuestar.  Actually T-Mobile messed my name up in the first place.  Now my 4g data died at the beginning of this billing cycle.  I had to manually set my phone to use 3g only. 

Of course they can't find a problem on their end.  I never had so many problems with Verizon in my 15 years with them.  You pay for cheap service, you get CHEAP service.  I'll probably return to Verizon soon.

I contacted them through text today and after about an hour of texting and holding the rep said it had been escalated and would be fixed in 5 days.  Well, it was fixed within 5 hours!  I was SHOCKED! 

I've heard all about T-Mobile's issues with billing, credits, etc. so I figured this Caller ID issue was just another in the list of things they don't get right often.  The rep did say the first rep did everything right but for some reason it didn't go through.  Not sure what was done today to make it work but I am like you, in all my years with AT&T I rarely, if ever, had any issues where I needed to contact them.  If I wanted to change Caller ID, I just did it on their website inside my account and it was updated within a day or less.  I never had my bills goofed up because of straight deals or specials.  I'm on my 2nd bill with T-Mobile and they've already missed 1 month of the free line.  They got it right the first time but not the second.  Go figure.... 

I'm saving enough over AT&T to put up with these hassles but will see how long I can handle it combined with less coverage in some areas compared to AT&T.

We have had this issue with one of our prepaid lines now for more than one year.  I have called three (3) times now to have this corrected, and been told each time the issue was escalated to a supervisor and/or a manager, and that the 'system' would take 48 hours to 'update.' But the system never updates correctly and the problem persists.  Today when I called to complain I was told that I could purchase a contract line and the problem would go away.  I have been a T-Mobile customer since 1989.  But this week will be our last.  No more T-Mobile.  They outsource their customer service to foreign countries, and they don't care about legit, long-time customers.  They lie about rates, they lie about getting your account fixed.  They can't even keep the 911 system updated, and that is a federal law they are violating.   The line in question was formerly a contract line and now it is prepaid.  T-Mobile does not want to do the 'work' of having the line ID converted to reflect the current owner/user.  This is a simple form that they are supposed to fill out on your behalf and submit to the original purveyor of the line.  But T-Mobile would rather play a silly 'game' of trying to get you to pay for a plan, and penalize you for using prepaid.  As soon as we receive our new SIM cards from another carrier we are DONE with T-Mobile.  Done with the poor service, done with the lies.  DONE. 

I have the same issue. My name is displayed incorrectly. I called the tech support and the lady( most likely a Phillipino) seemed pretty nice and convinced me that she took care of it and that it would take upto 72 hours for it to take effect. Will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best

I'm having the same issue.  It's been over 2 weeks now.  I spoke with 2 customer service reps on the phone who assured me they fixed the issue (at least I think they said that -- hard to tell because their English was so poor).  But it wasn't fixed.  So I went to the T-Mobile store where I started my account and they supposedly fixed it and also told me it could take up to 72 hours.  Well, it's been over 72 hours and it's still not corrected.  I'm just beside myself with frustration, particularly because I sometimes use the phone for work and with the wrong name showing up on my outgoing caller ID, my calls are not being answered.  I'm about to switch to Verizon.  It's worth paying more for better service.  Ugh.

Same problem. Wrong caller ID displayed on outgoing call. This has been going on for over 2 months. I’ve made 14 different contacts, including 3 times back to the store. Also, 3 trouble tickets issued. Still no results!!!!!! VERY UNHAPPY WITH T-MOBILE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Have you tried going into profile on your online account and change it?