SIM NOT SUPPORTED

dj1sj

I had done factory reset to iPhone 6s and after resetting don't know what goes wrong and came with a message - "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that i not supported under the activation policy assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the i Phone, Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information." Please help

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: SIM NOT SUPPORTED

Where did you buy the device from?

• dj1sj

I bought from my friend and had done factory reset. After resetting i am getting a message on screen SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

• theartiszan

It sounds like the phone was not unlocked before it was given to you and possibly just bypassed with some process on the phone itself. I would contact your friend to confirm that it was unlocked through the carrier and not by any unofficial means.

• dj1sj

I had done factory reset to iPhone 6s and after resetting don't know what goes wrong and came with a message - "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that i not supported under the activation policy assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the i Phone, Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

I had talk with previous owner about the situation and he also had provided me his id and password. Still iam not able to run iPhone. Same message is comming again and again.

• tmo_chris

You will want to reach out to your friend again and have him contact the carrier he purchased the phone from to request that it be unlocked to be used on another carrier’s network. If this were a T-Mobile iPhone, you would not get this message when using a T-Mobile SIM card.  

• dj1sj

I think T-Mobile is of US and UK. And i am using iPhone in India, and i am not sure i will get T-Mobile sim card in India. I had used R-SIM and i got some positive results. As now i can open iPhone and surf all things without sim card but as i insert  sim to mobile same message coming SIM NOT SUPPORTED.

• tmo_chris

I am very sorry but this phone appears to be SIM locked. If it is locked to T-Mobile US, you will need to have your friend that you purchased the phone from contact us to request the unlock.