hmoulding

Got a new phone, it works fine.

Trouble is my old Samsung t159 (flip phone, no data plan, and now no network connection because SIM is deactivated) has pics I want to save.

I try to connect it to my PC to download the pics. I verified the settings, and the phone says "Connected," but the PC doesn't say anything.

Is there a special USB driver I need? Some other magic?

Thanks for any help. :-)

--

Helge

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: My old t159 won't connect via USB

Hmm, maybe it's a combination of both, like magic USB drivers!   Just kidding. After checking out the Memory & SD card: Samsung t159 doc, the device needs to be set to Media Transfer Only. Can you double check that setting? If you've checked that already, you could also try another USB cable to see if there's a difference. It might be a stretch but testing another computer might be a good idea if the phone is giving you a message saying it's connected.

• tmo_marissa

Hey hmoulding!  I just wanted to follow up and see if you'd had any luck verifying the setting Mike mentioned above or testing with another USB/computer.  Have you been able to connect your phone to your PC successfully?  Please let us know if you still need help - we don't want your old photos trapped in that little plastic box forever!

- Marissa

• hmoulding

The phone is in fact set to media transfer only (I did double check), and trying to connect it to a different computer resulted in no joy. So I have not yet managed to connect the phone and retrieve the pictures. :-(

--

Helge

P.S. I also had no luck using a different USB cable.

• tmo_mike_c

Well, shucks. Do you have the option to send the images to an email address or possibly another phone number? I'm just thinking if another computer can't recognize the device, the only other method would be to send it to an email address like Gmail. From there, you could login to that Gmail account and download the images to your computer that way. I know that's not as ideal as just the plugging it in and grabbing them all at once, but it's another way to at least get the images.