Problems with two numbers on my iphone 6

davek5107

I signed up for DIGITS to get a second line on my iphone 6 (iOS 10.2.1) a couple months ago and I seem to be having more problems with it as time goes on; the following issues have cropped up over the past several weeks, some were there at the beginning but I just thought I'd deal with it:

- I keep getting double notifications/alert sounds for everything. Regardless of whether someone calls or texts my device line or my DIGITS line, I get notified/alerted twice for every call, text, or voicemail. Is there a way to fix that?

- Sometimes texts sent to my device line mistakenly show up in Digits only, and they always show up in both places. Other than selecting which line to view in the app, is there any way to not see everything from my device line within the Digits app?

- Every time I end a call or send a text from either line I get an alert/notification sound (the tri-tone chime, same as when I receive a text)

I feel like I must be doing something wrong...are there any settings I can change to fix these issues? They're not major, but very annoying/frustrating, and I'm leaning toward just getting a second phone for my new business.

Thanks,

- Dave

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: Problems with two numbers on my iphone 6

davek5107

Are you running the latest version of the DIGITS app?  The new release we just pushed is supposed to fix some of the the items that you mention here.

As to getting 2 notifications for each message it seems that you have the "SIM line" turned on in the DIGITS application.  If you're not using that line on other devices (e.g. a PC or other non-Apple device), there isn't much reason for turning that line on in the application and just using the application for the 2nd phone number that you want.

If you are using it somewhere else, and want it on in the DIGITS application, then the recommended approach is to turn off notifications for the native messaging if you've turned off iMessage.  If you haven't then you'll unfortunately get double notifications one for each SMS/MMS you receive in the native messaging app plus in DIGITS whereas if you have someone sending you an iMessage it will only appear in the native line.

The chime you here is also related to having the "SIM line" on in the application since it is syncing back the message to the DIGITS application.  Unfortunately the way iOS works with push notifications is that they generate a notification which is why it chimes.

So.... basic advice is if you don't need the SIM line on, turn if off :-)

Hope that helps and thanks for reaching out and trying out DIGITS!

• tmo_chris

Hey davek5107,

Just wanted to check in with you to see if the suggestions Evan provided were of any help? Let us know if you still have any questions or concerns.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!