Caterpillar Phone Cat S60 on T-mobile?

looregano

I have been considering purchasing the Cat S60 phone to be used on T-mobile.  A buddy of mine has it on ATT and it seems like an awesome phone!

Is anyone using this on T-mobile?  How do you like it?  Does everything work on it on the T mobile network? 

Does WIFI calling work on it?  Any other feedback?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Caterpillar Phone Cat S60 on T-mobile?

Welcome looregano!  This phone lookss amazing.  I had no idea that something like this existed and honestly now I want to buy a $650 present for my husband, so... thanks?  Ha! 
        We can't guarantee the performance of any Non T-Mobile equipment on our network, so before you BYOD, we do recommend taking a peek at our Non-T-Mobile phone & software disclaimer.  There are always going to be some features that are less likely to work than others - Wi-Fi calling, for instance, in 99% of cases will only work if you have T-Mobile software, so it's unlikely that it would work on this device.  

The good news is, I took a look at the CAT S60 Specs and it does seem like the North America version is compatible with our T-Mobile network bands & technologies!  If you decide to go for it, let us know how it works out!  It looks like a really neat (and incredibly durable) piece of equipment.  We've also got a handy Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) setup guide in case that's helpful to bookmark!

- Marissa

• terrybaker787@gmail.com

I'm not caterpillar and i didn't asked any questions like that

• looregano

Marissa, Agreed and thank you for the useful info and links!  Not that there are some locations to get it for less than $600.

To supliment in the good theoretical general info that you gave, I'm hoping that someone who is on T-Mobile and using it will chime in.  I have a co-worker who purchased it (after I introduced him to it) and he loves it but he is (still) on AT&T so I still don't have a good sense of how it will work on T-Mobile.

• tmo_marissa

So this might be a wild thought looregano, but is your friend's phone unlocked?  If it is and they're the same size, do you think he'd be willing to let you place your SIM in it and give it a little test drive in some key locations - home and work?  This might require that you invite him over for dinner - but maybe it would be worth it for research purposes! 

- Marissa

ETA: Terry - did you get this notification in your inbox?  If so, you may have accidentally followed this thread or the space where it's located.  Let me know if you're seeing this reply and I'm happy to give you instructions on how to unfollow one or both.  As an aside, I'm also going to send you a PM in case you'd like to change your username so that it's not your email address.  Please take a look in your Support inbox if you receive this reply!  Thank you.

• brokeland

Did you buy this phone in the end? I purchased one a little over a week ago and while I suspect the fault is with TMobile, I have wasted many hours trying to get this phone working properly. The reception is so bad I can't make or receive phone calls or texts in any functional sense. Most of the time, even with full bars, there's a letter E where the 4G should be. Occasionally there's a lonely G instead of the E but with no numeric prefix, just the letter G. What that translates into is such poor bandwidth that even if I built a time-machine, traveled back to 1995, connected to the world wide Web with a 56k dial-up modern, and sent the same email, it would still reach its intended recipient faster than the one sent from my fancy new phone containing a useless T-Mobile sim card. Did your friend using one on ATT have the same issues? If not I may have to switch carriers.