realitycheck

Since the crippling update of my Samsung Galaxy S7 to Nougat last month, I can't find an option to crop a photo I've taken with my phone (among other things). Am I missing it or is it just another missing functionality due to the 'update'?

All replies

• theartiszan

If you edit in  gallery then click position and then lasso,  you can use that to crop out images.

• realitycheck

That's nice but it isn't cropping. I just tried to lasso a perfect square and couldn't do it. If anybody has a correct answer, I would appreciate it.

• theartiszan

Just was playing with it some more,  actually right after you click position,  there are white markings at the corners of the image. If you drag those inward and then click the check mark you can make it more uniform like a square or rectangle.

• artart

realitycheck wrote:

That's nice but it isn't cropping. I just tried to lasso a perfect square and couldn't do it. If anybody has a correct answer, I would appreciate it.

Hi realitycheck

Here is the way to custom crop photos in Nougat.

1. Tap image and select "edit" from the menu at the botom of the pic.
                  2. Select "Position" which sounds like it has absolutly nothing to do with cropping an image .
                  3. Select "Ratio", which I suppose means the ratio of length to width.
                  4. Select the desired proportion of the cropped image.
                  5. The square at the left with two arrows inscribed, allows you to create a custom proportioned crop.
                  6. The second square from the left with arrows along the borders allows you keep the exact proportion of the original photo while cropping the desired section.
                  7. ( 1x1 ) is of course a perfect square.
                  8. ( 4x3 ) is the landscape orientation of 3x4 and 4x3 images.
                  9. ( 3x4 ) is the portrait orientation of 3x4 and 4x3 images.
                  10. (16x9) is the landscape orientation of 16x9 and 9x16 images
                  11. (9x16) is the portrait orientation of 16x9 and 9x16 images
                  12. After selecting the desired proportion and orientation, drag the corners of the resulting box to your desired size, and reposition the box.
                  13. Click the "Check" symbol in the lower right corner.
                  14. Click "save" in the upper right corner.