carloscamargo

Hi All!

I'm attempting to use mms with an LG V495 tablet. I've set APNs per instructions here https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-29891

However, I cannot see any of the settings below, which I think might be the root (or maybe an indication of the source) of my problem:

I don't know what to do to make them appear.  I bought this as an unlocked device and apparently it is but those settings just don't appear.

Thanks in advance

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: LG V495 mms

Hey carloscamargo!

Hmm. That's kind of odd. What if you try the following steps:

Settings > More > cellular network settings > Access point names

Press Menu and select new APN then enter the settings found here: Network, APN, VoLTE: LG G Pad F 8.0.

Lastly, do you happen to know who the original Carrier was on your tablet?

• tmo_amanda

It's me again, carloscamargo!

Did you have a chance to try the steps that I posted earlier? If so, let me know if that worked for you.

• carloscamargo

Hi tmo_amanda!

Thanks for the response, I lost my password and hadn't been able to respond till now, when I reset it.

Unfortunately, what you suggested did not work.

The original carrier for the pad was AT&T.

The page you sent me to was in fact the one that I referenced in my question.  Those options just don't appear at all on my pad.  Here is what my screen looks like, that is all I have, there are no fields above or below what is shown there.

CAM01849.jpg

• tmo_amanda

Thanks for the screenshot! That helps me out a little bit. You can try changing the APN type to Internet+MMS and the APN roaming protocol to IPv4. Once you do that, restart your tablet. If that still doesn't work, I recommend putting your SIM in a T-Mobile device to see if MMS functions properly.

Keep me updated!

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  I just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd had a chance to try the APN type and protocol changes that Amanda recommended.  How is everything going?

- Marissa