Samsung J7 not working as of today

fudoshin

I have a Samsung J7 that is not functioning at all as of today. My wi-fi shows connected but I cannot access the internet nor can I send or receive texts. If wi-fi is disconnected I am also unable to do any of these things with mobile data. I have tried restarting the phone, I have tried re-seating the sim card, I have tried resetting the apn but none of these things have worked. Any help for this extremely frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Samsung J7 not working as of today

It sounds like your phone forgot how to do its job haha. Sorry to leaving you hanging for so long! As much as I hope everything just started working on its own now being 6 days since you posted, I wanted to check in with you to see if you are still having problems? If so, while disconnected from Wi-Fi, what happens when you try to send/receive a text? How many bars of signal does your phone show that you have when you are not on Wi-Fi?

• fudoshin

Still having problems on and off. They persist both on and off wifi, and signal bars vary from all 5 to none with a little x over it. The only pattern I've noticed is that when messages absolutely refuse to send and I get the "currently can't send your message" notification, the top of my lock screen says "(Searching)" instead of "T-Mobile." Message sending is still extremely iffy when I am connected though, which is a problem that has existed long before this new problem; sometimes they'll take hours to go through.

• tmo_chris

Okay, this definitely sounds like a network coverage type of issue. If your signal is not strong enough to send a text, your phone is going to let you know with the "currently cannot send your message" notification and the same goes for being able to access the internet. Wi-Fi aside, do you tend to notice this problem more frequently when you are in a specific area?

• fudoshin

This is actually the phone my daughter is using so I am going back and forth with her to get these answers...the following is the latest copy/paste...

"Yes, I do notice it more in a specific area (I think - it hasn't been quite long enough to tell). Only thing is, I've been in said specific area for almost two years, and this is the first time this problem has emerged. Nothing that I know of changed prior to the issue; I didn't mess with settings, nor were there any account adjustments to my knowledge."

• srickar

Any third party apps on the device like GoSMS Pro or Handcent? These 3rd party texting apps do not work well with WiFi calling and expect to use a cellular connection. Sometimes the device connectivity stack gets stuck, and toggling airplane mode will reset device connection without requiring a full reboot or messing with the APN settings.