Digits is unusable in its current format

dmandel

1. Auto-switches me to WiFi even when signal is not strong

2. Attempt to make calls that do not go through or go through, but cannot hear other end of conversation (and does not show it has connected)

3. Rings for too short a time on some devices (iPad for one).

4. Too many "Hello, hello, hello" on calls coming in

Anyone else having similar problems. I know this is a beta, but feels too much like alpha software at this point. I've attempted to use this service twice for several weeks each and am again going back to MightyText or Google Voice, both which actually work.

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: Digits is unusable in its current format

dmandel

Sorry that you're having issues here.  Can you tell me more about #1?   I don't think the app is doing anything special here and am wondering if maybe there is some issue with the overall network connection or possibly some other oddities going on.

Thanks for letting us know and hopefully we can get to the bottom of some of these issues!

• dmandel

Thanks for responding.  My issues with WiFi calling defaulting (even when the option is switched to cellular in Settings) appears specific to Digits being installed.  When I inactivate Digits or uninstall it from the phone, the issue goes away, given the same location (at home).  We have a cell booster at our house and the signal is strong compared to our WiFi signal in most locations. I do not believe it is app independent.  The other issues are more severe as they do not allow me to successfully use the app for calling out at all times.

David

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!