floridapets

I called to sign up for the 4 lines for $120.00. Everything went smoothly over the phone. I actually didn't know I was getting 4 lines, because I didn't need four lines. I was calling to get two lines for $100.00. The representative told me that for $20.00 more I could get 2 additional lines. So I agreed. Throughout the call, I repeatedly asked and confirmed that my bill would be a total of $145.00. I was supposed to pay $120 for four lines and I added the 'OnePlus" unlimited high speed tethering/hotspot data for an additional $25.00. Several times on the call I was assured that my bill would be $145.00(after the second billing cycle). My first bill was $185.00. I about choked. I messaged Customer service and was once again assured(in writing) that my future bills would be $145.00. My second bill was $212.00. Again I called C.S.. This time I was told I was on some plan were the first two lines were one price and the third line was free. I explained that I have never heard of that plan and that it was not what I signed up for. By the end of the call I was once again assured that I would be receiving the billing credit due and that my bill would be $145.00. My third bill(with the credits) was $65.00. With the difference I had been paying, compared to what my bill should have been, I was looking for nearly a free month. My fourth call was a little more 'to the point'. The C.S. person once again corrected me and told me that 'no, I was not signed up on the 4 lines for $120.00, but some other plan',(which I had never heard before). At the end of this call they had me so turned around, I was now agreeing that I should be paying $160.00. My next bill comes and it is for $185.00!!! By this time, the NEW "All In" plan rolled out. All indications were that existing customers would be included in the taxes and fees included. That was confirmed to me again while on the phone. I told the nice foreign lady that my bill was not right. When I asked about the taxes included, she said they would be include in future bills. I argued that my bill was too high. She adjusted the bill by crediting $25.00. When this last bill came, it was $165.00. Again I called. Why was my bill $165.00??? The nice person explained that I was on some plan, again not one that I had ever heard of. This person then tells me, after I had asked about the taxes and fees included, that because they included me in the taxes and fees included plan, that the change voided MY 4 LINES FOR $120.00 Plan. So, my bill would now be $160.00 with taxes and fees included. I promptly asked, how much it would cost if I just had 2 lines. The person told me that they had a promo currently running for 2 lines for $100.00. So I told them to remove the 'FREE" lines and give me the 2 lines for $100.00. I then also requested to add the $25.00 'One Plus' to one line. I then confirmed with two different individuals that my NEW bill will be $125.00. We'll see. I have never been lied to this much, by so many different people in so many different ways as I have been with T-Mobile. The plans are wonderful in concept and the service has been excellent in my area, but come on guys the billing and customer service is PITIFUL!!

All replies

• foolmeonce

FTC.gov

• smplyunprdctble

floridapets wrote:

I called to sign up for the 4 lines for $120.00. Everything went smoothly over the phone. I actually didn't know I was getting 4 lines, because I didn't need four lines. I was calling to get two lines for $100.00. The representative told me that for $20.00 more I could get 2 additional lines. So I agreed.

If you don't need 4 lines, why did you get 4 lines?  $20 a month is $240/year for something you said you don't need.  That's throwing money down the drain.  It's as bad as paying for the highest cable package [including all the pay channels] when you don't watch them.

I promptly asked, how much it would cost if I just had 2 lines. The person told me that they had a promo currently running for 2 lines for $100.00. So I told them to remove the 'FREE" lines and give me the 2 lines for $100.00.

I'm confused -- above you said they weren't "FREE", rather $20.

To me, it sounds like Customer Care tried to upsell you (which is their job -- it happens in any place you're buying things... you go to a restaurant and when you sit down, they ask if you'd like something to drink and they immediately talk about their overpriced bar items... after your food, they ask if you want dessert and talk about the tasties), and you decided to order something you didn't want.

Sounds like you need to watch the "I Love Lucy" episode called "Sales Resistance"

**I'm not saying all this upselling is right in every case, but it's their job to make sure you know options available.  You go to a car dealership and say you want a car, they're going to say "would you like a moon roof or this other feature or that other feature?" -- they want to make sure if you WANT something in your budget, you can get it.  It's still up for the consumer to know what they're looking for.  They didn't MAKE you buy the extra lines you didn't want.

• floridapets

Boy, you misunderstood the whole point. I know it was a lot to read but, I was not complaining about being 'upsold' to $120.00 plan. If you read more carefully, you see that even after the 'upsell', my bill was never close to $120.00. You really should read the whole post before commenting. My whole complaint is not being upsold, but NOT being charged what I agreed to pay. I never know what my actual monthly bill is going to be. In four months my bill ranged from $160-$212. Why didn't they ever recognize the plan that they upsold me to? Explain that to me.

"If you don't need 4 lines, why did you get 4 lines?  $20 a month is $240/year for something you said you don't need.  That's throwing money down the drain."

You know, I agreed to the extra $20.00/month. What I did not agree to was the extra $40.00/month minimum on top of that! If you think I was dumb for agreeing to pay the extra $20.00/mo., how dumb would I be for accepting the extra $40.00+/mo. on top of that? If I agreed to pay $120.00, why was my bill never under $160????

• floridapets

So, here's what my latest bill was one month after signing up for the 2 lines "ALL IN" for $100.00 promotion; $117.00! What??? The regular price for two lines is $120.00. The promotion is for $100.00. So how, in the world, do you come up with a bill for $117.00???? I didn't call or do anything drastic yet, but, my bill better be either exactly $117.00 next month or at least one of the other numbers I could anticipate, being either $100.00 or the $120.00.

• tmo_marissa

Hi floridapets.  I am so bummed to read about this awful experience you've had trying to make sense of your plan and bill.  It sounds like every time the bill wasn't what you expected based on your initial conversation, you put out the effort to reach out and try to get to the bottom of it - I am so disappointed to read that it took us four months to finally get to the point where we could instead place you on a plan that better suited your needs and price point - I apologize for all the hassle in between, and for the fact that it seems we were never able to get you back to the plan you wanted in the first place.  I am glad to read that we were able to issue credits towards your statements, but sorry that you overpaid before getting reimbursed.
                The Support Community is a user forum, so we don't have account access to verify your information and pull up the details to look into this.  We can (and absolutely will) forward your feedback about this experience, so I want to thank you for taking the time to post it here.  I wish we'd communicated with you more clearly from the start. 
                If there are any credits still missing, or if there is trouble when your next statement arrives, please reach out to our T-Force team.  You can contact them via FB PM or Twitter DM, and in those channels we actually do have a way to authenticate your account, so we can do what needs to be done to make it right.  You're welcome to C&P the link to this thread if needed, so that you don't need to repeat this again - it sounds like you've had to explain it many times already, so we want to avoid you exerting more energy on this if we can.
                Thanks again for the time you took posting this and the time you put into reaching out over the past four months.  We appreciate your business and I hope it's smooth sailing from here.

- Marissa

• gpw100

Likewise....I just responded to another post in regards to the lies (and overall nightmare) that has ensued after I switched my family over.

• tmo_marissa

floridapets, that is strange.  The T-Mobile ONE All-In plan for two lines should be $110.  If you've got AutoPay, then you should be receiving a $10 credit that drops the price down to $100.  If you'd added the paid One Plus feature to one of the lines, then the bill would be $135 or $125 depending on AutoPay status.  I wish I could explain where the decrease or increase (depending on whether you still have One Plus) is coming from, but since we don't have account access, all I can offer is speculation.  Is it possible that the plan change happened mid-cycle after you removed the lines - maybe the pricing only reflects a portion of the month?  Conversely, could the lower amount ($117 vs $125) be because of a credit back for changes from the previous bill cycle? 
                    If the bill you're seeing doesn't make sense, we are happy to review the charges with you.  Please reach out to a team with account access and give us the opportunity to look it over and figure out why this isn't exactly what you've been expecting.  I know you've been working to figure out this billing situation for long enough - I'm sure having service trouble on top of it is just adding insult to injury.  While we're at it, we can take a look at the service in your area as well, and help figure out what's going on with your phone's connection.

- Marissa