lalaking

Hi there,

I have uninstalled the default weather app which also removed the locked screen weather animation.  Is there any way to restore the app without factory resetting the phone?

Thanks!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Restoring default weather app on LG V20

Hey lalaking!  I hope you haven't completed that reset - we might be able to help out!  If you press and hold on a blank space on one of the home screens, does the home screen minimize?  Below that, you should see a "Widgets" option.  If you select a weather widget and drag it back to an empty space on the home screen, that will at least place a weather widget there - then you can check your apps and see if the actual Weather app returns.  I'm not sure if this will bring the lock screen animation back, but can you give it a shot and see if this gets the ball rolling?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Happy Tuesday lalaking!  Just checking in to see if you were able to add the widget and get your weather app working again.  How did that work out for you?

- Marissa

• lalaking

Hi Marissa,

No the widget is not there now since I have uninstalled the application.  However, the lock screen did show a raining animation even when I did not have any weather app installed.  So I guess it gets the information from Google and determine if it is raining and turns on the animation (but now it does not have a switch to turn on/off the weather animation in setting).

Thank you!