Ok, to start my phone is a Samsung galaxy s7 edge bought brand new at a t mobile store less than 1 month ago. I was given a temporary number BC my other phone had paid time-data left on it and I didn't want to waste money. I had PERFECT service with my temporary number, which I've never had. So, when my old phone came near it's due date I had my wife go to the tmobile store and have them port my number, they made it especially inticing to do so by throwing in a gift card offer. Anyway, I was on the phone with my wife while they were starting the process and I was disconnected. I notice right off that although my calls and texts aren't working my internet and hotspot never stopped working. I continued to get full bars and the 4g LTE symbol. So, I waited some hours and called t mobile (using my wife's phone). After explaining they found it strange and wanted to follow up with me the next day. The next day about noon I went to the gas station it's less than 10miles from my house and figured while I was out I'd try a restart. When I returned to my vehicle and the sounds of texts coming through started up so I my a test call to my wife. It was working as we'll. I started home. I got a mile from home the call dropped and I'm back to no calls or texts. I attempted last night to recreate what happened before but got bo service. We even drove to the cell phone tower, again it's very close.
Things I've done with and without tmobiles reps
1. Powered off my phone wait x amount of time
Turned it back on.
2. Restarted with restart button
3. Made airplane mode is off.
4.Made sure do not disturb isn't on.
5. Did a network search , chose tmobile, said it was registering, no change
6. Made sure wifi is off
7. Made sure wifi calling is off
8. Made sure mobile data is on
9. Restarted my phone by holding the volume down and power button.
10.Reboardcast of my signal (multiple times)
11. They checked for blocks on my number
12. They sent me a complete upd
ate that took a while and restarted my phone.
13. We tried turning on roaming.
14. I've removed and replaced the Sim card
15. The Sim and imei numbers have been checked more than once.
16. Placed the Sim card into another phone, acted the same.
17. Checked and checked the apn settings.
The Sim card status says the following:
Signal Strength: -113dBm 0asu
Service State: Out of Service
Roaming: Not Roaming
Mobile Network State: Connected
When I attempt to make a call it says
Mobile Network Not Available
And in the top left corner it says out of the calling area(again I live very close to a tower and had perfect service before the port)
When I attempt to send a text it says
Unable to send this message. Your device is not connected to a mobile network. Connect to a Wi-Fi network and try again.
Ok, that is all the information I can think to provide. ANY HELP OR IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED!!!!