Whatsapp - Recommendation for Digit

179hush

Hi - I have Digit working 100% on two phones, each with a SIM and both phones sharing the same number.  Below is a summary:

• When someone rings my 'primary' number, it rings on both phones - Great!
    • When someone sends me a SMS message, I receive it on both phones - Great!
    • When I reply to the SMS message on one phone, the other phone also gets a copy of my sent SMS message to the person - Great!

From a perspective of having the ability to use multiple phones and having calls/SMS going to both devices, Digit works 100%.

My request for future consideration is to see if it can work where I can have Whatsapp on both devices using the same 'main' number.  I know Whatsapp is a 3rd party application and T-Mobile will say it is beyond the remit of this proof of concept.

But I thought I would bring this request up as many people use Whatsapp and this would stop the need to keep transferring Whatsapp to the device we are using for that day.

Thanks

All replies

• wisdomseeker

Re: Whatsapp - Recommendation for Digit

The functionality of applications like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc is not carrier-dependent, and is 100% beyond the carrier's control or responsibility. The developers of the apps will be responsible for making this work.

Telegram already does multi-device, cross-platform messaging well, so it's up to WhatsApp to get their act together.

• tmo_mike_c

Hello there and thanks for participating in the beta. We appreciate you stopping by to give us this suggestion. Just a heads up, I'm going to change this to a discussion and we'll make sure our DIGITS folks see the suggestion you made. Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!