themediaman

I know the stock OS has that capability, and that LG chose not to enable it. However, with only 16GB onboard storage, I'm really only interested in buying an LG G Pad X 8.0 if it can let me move apps to the SD card.

I've looked elsewhere online, but can't find any reference if this feature is enabled with the Nougat upgrade released a couple months ago. Can someone let me know if apps are still locked to the 16 GB onboard memory?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey themediaman! Most of the time, moving apps to the SD card is going to be something that the app developer chooses to support. I have not heard anything about LG choosing to disable this but it might be best to reach out to LG to see if this is indeed supported with their most recent update. If they do support it and the App itself also supports it, you should be good to go!

• carljbickford@hotmail.com

The Android 7.0 Nougat update for the LG GPad-X 8.0 does indeed allow users to transfer certain apps as well as most (if not all) other files to the SD card via the stock file manager app. I am almost certain that most file managers downloaded from google play as well as 3rd party apps will give the same result. The LG GPad-X 8.0 is by far one of (if not) the best mid range tablets/mobile devices I have ever used. The quality of the product is easily worth the ridiculously low price...they are almost giving these things away. Stop trying to decide and just buy the thing. It's big, it's fast, it's powerful...and best of all...it's beautifully designed and aesthetically pleasing in every way possible. I promise you that you will not regret your choice if you do decide to go with this incredibly efficient device. May peace, prosperity, and the force be with you...and get the tablet...its effing awesome!!!

• tmo_marissa

Hey there themediaman!  I just wanted to check in and see if you'd had a chance to peek at the responses above.  Did you wind up deciding to snag one of these tablets?  Let us know how you like it!

- Marissa

• themediaman

For anyone else searching for this issue, the original release of the LG G Pad X 8.0 (and LG G Pad III 8.0 in Canada) don't support transferring apps to the external memory under Marshmallow, but the recent update to Nougat (Android 7.0) fully supports the feature provided the app itself does too.