paulvillavi

The iphone is US Flex Policy (that means it locks with the first sim you put it on) I  put a Tmobile Sim and it locked to Tmobile; I called to customer service, but they say: "If you don´t buy that phone on Tmobile we can´t unlock it; them I called Apple and they said that the phone is actually locked to Tmobile, and only Tmobile could unlock it; what can I do?

Other guy on Tmobile said add $100 to try but there is not warranty!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Ouch, paulvillavi!  We're definitely able to unlock T-Mobile branded equipment that meets the usage and other eligibility requirements outlined here - Unlock your mobile wireless device.  If all of that looks good to you, then you'd simply Contact Us and we'll be happy to get the request filed ASAP!

If you deliberately purchased a device that was advertised as unlocked, and/or it was not T-Mobile branded, then you'd need to contact the retailer you purchased it from (in this case Best Buy) and see what assistance they're able to offer.  Perhaps they can process an exchange or their customer service team knows of a way to get around this situation.

- Marissa

• paulvillavi

I'm sorry to bother again, but I called to  T-Mobile technical support and I have an e-mail indicating that it is not a phone purchased from TMOBILE so they can not start unlocking.What I can do? What is the problem? I called to apple and they say that only TMobile have the acces to unlock that phone.

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request

Sim Unlock Reference:  11699703

IMEI:  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unlock Code:  Non T-Mobile Device

*edited personal info - Marissa