This is my 2nd go at T-Mobile and I am not getting the coverage I need.

tjlmbklr

My wife and I have unlocked Nexus devices, mine is a Nexus 6 and her's is a Nexus 5x.  We both came from Straight Talk (which I am 90% certain was using At&t towers).  I loved my coverage but I needed more data.  I am finding places where I should have coverage (according to T-Mobile coverage maps) that I am not getting data.  Our APN's are set correctly through info found here as well as web research.  My wife spends a great deal of time in Rockford IL and the area where she stays according to the coverage maps should have full LTE but both of us have ZERO signal. 

I attached 2 pics of where the map says we have coverage but we don't.  One is downtown Milwaukee.  If I drive west a few blocks I do get a signal. 

Any ideas?

61109 coverage.PNGDowntown milw coverage.PNG

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey tjlmbklr!  I'm sorry to read this - thanks for giving us a (second) shot, I hate that we're letting you down where you need service!  I know it's been a while since your initial post - has your coverage in either of these areas improved?  If not, have you had a chance to reach out to our Tech team regarding this yet?  In situations like these, if both of your devices have the same APNs set, and you're both experiencing the same loss of signal in areas where you should have it, then we'd love to have you provide addresses and symptoms so that we can file Service Inquiries for these locations.  Our detailed view will enable us to tell you exactly which frequencies are operable in these areas.   We may have outages in these areas that need to be repaired, and getting them reported is the first step - or if you're noticing that this is better/worse at certain times of day, congestion may be to blame, and we can fill you in on that as well.  We don't want you to regret switching, I hope you'll give us the opportunity to take a look with you!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd had an opportunity to Contact Us yet.  If so, were we able to figure out what's going on with the difference in expected service and your experience here, or get a service inquiry filed for you?  How is everything going?

- Marissa