Poor indoor LTE reception vs ATT

ibis315

I just switched over from ATT.  Compared to ATT, I can't get any reception in my office building at all.  Using the same device and sitting in my cubicle, I can't get any internet access.  I can get texts and call, but almost zero data access.  How can I improve my reception?

All replies

• Does your office have wifi? 

• tmo_marissa

Re: Poor indoor LTE reception vs ATT

Thanks for switching, but I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a downgrade in signal strength at the office, ibis315!  Were you able to connect your device to wifi?

- Marissa

• dragon1562

There is not much you can do about improving the signal inside the building since most of those things are out of your control. What you can do which other people have suggested is to connect and set up wifi calling. You can also call in and file a ticket so that T-mobile knows that this is a troubled location and can aim to improve it in the future.

Also just make sure you have a phone that supports all of the currently deployed tech for their network;specifically a phone with band 12 support. It carries better and is ment for penetrating buildings better basically.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • ibis315

How do I file a ticket to file a troubled coverage location?

I was at a small restaurant, sitting less than 10ft from the windows and no coverage.  I had to step outside to get any signal, and I got regular 4G not LTE coverage.  Here's coordinate : 37.2869618,-121.944417

• dragon1562

To file a ticket just dial 611 on your phone and ask to report a coverage issue when you speak to the rep. Then just give them the name of the address that is effected. After that give them a brief description of the problems and your done.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • ibis315

It's not just my office.  I was at a small restaurant, sitting less than 10ft from the windows and no coverage.  I had to step outside to get any signal.  Here's coordinate : 37.2869618,-121.944417