melissabm1

I recently blocked an At&t phone number however i still get text messages from the number saying insuffient funds or MMS blocked. Do they also get a message that they have been blocked

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Blocked Text messages

Good question melissabm1. Are you using the phone's built-in blocking feature or a 3rd party blocking app? Are you trying to block from a full phone number or a short code from an automated messaging service?

• tmo_marissa

Hey melissabm1!  If you've used Family Allowances to block the number by adding it to your "Never Allowed" list, then there might be an issue here if you're still getting their texts!  One thing to bear in mind is that Family Allowances can only restrict incoming and outgoing calls and messages while you're connected to the T-Mobile network - if you're on Wi-Fi or roaming (domestically or internationally) then the calls or messages can still come through.  Is it a possibility that this might be how you're still getting them?

- Marissa

• melissabm1

well i only receive the following- Insuffiecent funds or MMS blocked message  from the blocked number; even on T-mobile network.  SO i was wondering if the person with the At&t phone number is receiving anything on their end -saying that they have been block just as if you were to block a t-mobile number.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha, I think I understand your question more clearly now.  If you're using Family Allowances and someone on your Never Allowed list does try to message you, they'll typically see some sort of error message.  Just as a general reference, it would probably look something like "Your message can not be sent at this time" - although the exact wording could vary based on their phone make and model and their provider.

- Marissa