Just joined T-Mobile through MetroPCS and the data speeds are horrible... Why?

forbro

Hello everyone. I know I'm like the "black sheep" here because I'm with MetroPCS, but we share the same data towers even if we are "de-prioritized" under T-Mobile users. And that's okay with me, but here's the thing; I've barely gotten over 1 Mbps download speed anywhere I go in the Las Vegas valley. I've consistently tried speed tests and it's always horrible. My wife has a brand new unlocked iPhone and the cruddy data speeds are the same as my old iPhone 5.

It doesn't matter what time of day it is, data is always slow. I can barely use Facebook. You can forget streaming Netflix. That's not working. I've had about 5 calls with customer service now and tried all their tips and updates. Nothing helps.

I just switched from AT&T a day ago and I feel like I've been totally tricked. I just wanted to know if anyone else has this data issue or not? It seems like my phone never has more than 3 out of 5 bars. Often it's only 2 bars. When you search the coverage map, we are FULLY covered in LTE. I just don't get it. I feel like demanding my money back.

All replies