When can I preorder the LG G6?

gabrielrumbaut

One more thing... Are we getting any deals with the preorder of the LG G6, like a free Google Home or something like that???

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: When can I preorder the LG G6?

I think the answer is "soon" but I'm holding off until phones become available with LTE band-71 (600 MHz). I have not even been able to find the LTE band specs for the G6.

• gabrielrumbaut

I thought that because AT&T already has the G6 available for preorder T-Mobile was gonna hurry a little bit more and make it available. I guess we are gonna have to wait. If I'm not mistaken (I think I'm not) the G6 has compatibility with the LTE band 66; or at least that's what I've read everywher. Maybe the S8 is gonna have that feature you are looking for.

• drnewcomb2

I don't think you'll see band-71 compatible phones this year.  600 MHz has just been submitted to 3GPP for standardization. Band-66 is the extension of band-4. This is a good thing to have but T-Mobile didn't get AWS-3 licenses in big cities, where it would do the most good. Band-71 will be the extended-range LTE for markets where T-Mobile doesn't have 700 MHz (band-12).

Anyway, I plan to wait and live with what I have until phones come out with band-71.  Feel free to do what's best for your situation. I just wanted to mention this because a lot of people went into a panic to get their iPhone 6 as soon as it came out and couldn't be convinced they should wait for the 6s.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey just checking in to see if you started the purchasing process for this phone. Please keep us posted. Thanks!