FreedomPop number not getting text message verification code

jracer02

I've got a free FreedomPop line on an old phone. When I try to log into Digits it asks me to enter my phone number and I assume it's sending a text message verification code to me. I never receive the text message code so I can't finish signing in.

All replies

• tmo_evan

jracer02

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.  We've had reports of this previously and determined it has to do with the fact that FreedomPop doesn't receive shortcode messages from our service.  We're looking into a work around that should be available soon where you'll be able to launch the application in Data Mode which means that you won't have to validate your SIM card number for calls.  It is a work around since it means that you'll be using data rather than minutes for calls on that phone, but given that we're not able to send shortcodes to validate your phone number, there isn't much else that we can do at the moment.

Thanks for helping out with DIGITS!

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!