Phone did not reset to daylight saving time.

tinae

3/12/2017  Phone did not reset to daylight saving time yesterday.  Guessing it's T-Mobile that needs to fix this, as the phone has no time set function and only gets time from the satellites?  Motorola V195s

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Phone did not reset to daylight saving time.

Hey tinae!  I'm sorry that your phone's time and date didn't update automatically - I hope that didn't cause any trouble for you Sunday morning.  I took a look at the Motorola V195 / V195s User Manual and it looks like there's a setting that needs to be enabled for automatic time and date updates - can you follow this menu path and make sure that this setting is turned on?

To synchronize the time and date with the network:

Press Menu > Settings > Initial Setup > Time and Date > Autoupdate > On.

I did find steps in the User Manual to manually update the time, but they require turning Autoupdate off first.  Once it's off (or if it's already off), you should be able to press Menu > Settings > Initial Setup > Time and Date > enter the time or date.

Please let me know if you're able to find those spaces in the menu!

- Marissa

• tinae

I did know of where to look for the time.  The auto update was on.  What I was actually asking was why the auto update didn't happen until Friday, March 17th, five and a half days late.  Thanks.

• tinae

Manually changing it works, but asking again, since it's occurring again for the fifth time in a row, why is T-Mobile not automatically updating to and off Daylight savings time until several days late? Thanks.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, tinae! I'm sorry to read that this happened again -- that is odd! :/ I haven't heard any other reports of issues and we don't have any system issues logged for devices synchronizing with DST. I know that these days the majority of devices we retail have NITZ (Network Identity and Time Zone) turned on by default, so I have to say this isn't something we hear often! I know you walked through your settings earlier this year and double checked to make sure that AutoUpdate was on -- that same setting should ensure that your device is synchronizing time with the network, so I'm super confused as to why it isn't updating!

You mentioned that this has happened multiple times -- has the phone ever updated along with DST successfully, or have you had to manually update the time (or accept a late update via the network) ever since you started using the device? What's your signal strength like in your area? Do you notice if the update, when it eventually arrives, happens after a reboot, or after a change in network strength?

• tmo_amanda

Hey there, tinae!

We really want to figure out why your phone isn't auto updating the time change. Please take a look at the questions Marissa asked so we can get to the bottom of this for you.

• tmo_amanda

Happy Saturday, tinae!

I wanted to swing by one last time to troubleshoot the auto time change issue with your phone. If you have a moment, please get back to us regarding Marrisa's questions:

You mentioned that this has happened multiple times -- has the phone ever updated along with DST successfully, or have you had to manually update the time (or accept a late update via the network) ever since you started using the device? What's your signal strength like in your area? Do you notice if the update, when it eventually arrives, happens after a reboot, or after a change in network strength?