New Windows Update to Digits App

rustyg

So I have the recently updated Windows PC app of Digits (no idea what version, bc none of help links tell me and the windows store doesn't show me that it is installed!) and I like the new updates so far! Specifically, the Google sync issue is either now fixed or because I synced my contacts to the Digits "cloud", it just went away. Not really sure about that there.

The only issue i still have, is that when i type up messages on the Windows App, it does not copy/sync to my phone. So if i have a conversation through DIGITS on my windows PC, and then go mobile, I don't have the full conversation on my phone.

I know that for the most part, you can "understand" the conversation through context, but still, it would be nice if DIGITS synced to my Galaxy S7 Edge.

I also need to see what contacts are syncing and not syncing from my phone. I think this is a phone setting on how I save my contacts, because i still have some names on my phone that are not showing up in Digits, but that is something I should be able to figure out.

I don't know if it is my GIG connection with Xfinity/Comcast or what, but some calls say they can't hear me from time to time and i am forced to swap to my phone. This may be a software/hardware issue, but it is 50/50 right now. Sometimes they never know i am on my PC, sometimes they just don't hear me.

Secondly to that same issue, the ECHO is an issue as well. Because callers hear their own voices back to them, and I assume that is because I am using external speakers and mics, but if there were some echo canceller or noise reduction built in?? I don't know if that is possible.

All replies

• rustyg

Re: New Windows Update to Digits App

Also, is there anyway, that I am not seeing, to convert a call to a contact? I want to be able to make a call from DIGITS and then save it to my DIGITS "cloud" or maybe back to Google??

• tmo_mike_c

Hi rustyg and thanks for participating in the beta. Are you looking for those messages to show up in the DIGITS app on the phone or the phone's native SMS app? Also, I'm seeing an option to add contacts but it's directing back to the phone's native contact application. If you add a new contact there, does it sync and show up in DIGITS?

• rustyg

I was reading elsewhere in this forum, that messages in the Digits App, do not sync back to the phone. (more specifically, as you mentioned, the phone's native messaging app) I would like to to do that, if it could, because when i go mobile, i only see half of the conversation.

Also, how do I add a contact? I must be missing it. Yes, I would also like it to sync back to the phone's native contacts app. (Google would sync it after that, as I have the option turned on, I believe)

• tmo_mike_c

Your're right. I asked because some folks are expecting it messages from DIGITS to show up in the native app. I've heard that's something our team would like to achieve, but I can't guarantee if or when that'll happen.

As for your contact, you should be able to add new ones to the phones native contact list. Do you not have the option in the contacts app?

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!