beej

First I get this notification every time I start my phone today.

Screenshot_2017-03-12-19-15-29S.jpg

Then when you click on that you get this.

Screenshot_2017-03-12-19-16-20S.jpg

Then I when go into the T-Mobile app I get this.

Screenshot_2017-03-12-19-19-45S.jpg

If you click on update you get this.

Screenshot_2017-03-12-19-14-30S.jpg

I'm not the only one having issues with this update.  Go to Google Play and read the comments from the last few day.

T-Mobile - Android Apps on Google Play

Thanks

All replies

• beej

Re: T-Mobile app update is broke...

I was finally able to get rid of this update runaround after reading some threads on here from 2015.  It seems the T-Mobile app doesn't play well with some or all prepaid plans.  I was able to go into settings/general/apps and remove the app updates. It's now back to version 5.1.4.2 which I believe came pre-installed on my phone originally.  I cleared the cache and app data and turned off notifications and permissions.  I still can't delete or disable the app but it's now using 0% battery and 0% memory.  Hopefully as long as I never click on the "allow" button again I won't have further issues.  I have other ways to check my balance and pay my bill.

Screenshot_2017-03-19-18-13-08S.jpg   

• coop2017

I had the same problem. Uninstall Tmobile app, and reinstall the original app.,an do updates. Works fine for me.

• barcodeable

I have a Note 3 and i have been postponing this T-Mobile update for so long... because im not a big fan of updating my hardware when my hardware is working just fine. I was actually bored today and decided to just approve the update. My phone successfully completed the update and rebooted itself. Then it checked for updates and re-updated itself with the same update. Then after that update was completed, my phone rebooted and scanned for updates and updated itself a 3rd time lol. Each time it updated itself it thanked me for updating with t-Mobile....lol.... not sure why my phone updated itself 3 times.... but luckily after the third update it couldn't locate any more updates to install. I don't really know if my phone benefited from this update, but im guessing i have better battery life compared to previous use. my phone is now updated to Android 5.0 so it wasn't even a major new update at all.

I am very happy my phone didn't BRICK, because I am not in the mood to buy another expensive phone .