Lumia 950XL - data but no voice calls

ericshmerick

I've been in the beta for a while. Primary phone is an iPhone, secondary bounces between Android/Windows Phone.

I sold my Android device yesterday and put my Digits SIM back in my unlocked Lumia 950XL (Windows Phone). Everything, as normal, worked fine. Data/calls/all of it.

I did a hard reset on my Windows Phone last night, set up from scratch.

Now, only my data works on the Digits SIM. Calls never place/receive. When trying to place an outbound call, it hangs and I get 3 beeps, then it ends.

I know there isn't a proper app for Windows Phone, but how do I re-enable my Digits line? Like I said, it's worked with this exact Windows Phone before I did a hard reset. APN settings are read from the SIM and are the same as they've always been - data works, but zero voice calls at all.

Help!

All replies

• ericshmerick

Edit. Called Digits support, they opened a case. So far today, outgoing calls work ~40% of the time, text/MMS are fine. No incoming calls ring at all. Someone borked something at T-Mo. Must have been the free 3rd line bonanza putting stress on the system.

At this point, Digits is shaping up to be a fun toy. Lots of bugs remain...and then there's the iMessage issue (Apple will never relinquish it's control here). Curious to see if they try to charge for this. It's not worth anything more monthly to me in it's current form, IMO.

• tmo_marissa

Re: Lumia 950XL - data but no voice calls

Hey ericshmerick!  I'm sorry that DIGITS suddenly conked out on you like this!  When you spoke with our DIGITS team over the phone, did we think that the reset was related, or just coincidence?  Are you still averaging a success rate of less than 50%, or has anything improved or worsened?  Have you heard back regarding/checked back in on your bug report?  We'd definitely like to hear any update you can offer - I hope things are going better for you at this point!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi there! Just wanted to touch base with you and see if you were still having trouble completing calls or if things seem to have evened out for you!  Please let us know if you still need assistance.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!