OnePlus Gogo Unlimited Wifi

computerdude1032

I've tried googling and searching on here, and can't find much detail about the Unlimited Gogo that is included with the OnePlus plan. How exactly does that work? Do you just login with your 1 free hour and it never expires? Do you just get unlimited 1 hour sessions? Do you get an actual account with GoGo? Trying to get some extra detail on how this works so I can determine whether or not I want to sign up.

Thanks!!!

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: OnePlus Gogo Unlimited Wifi

In the past there would be a special option for T-mobile customers on the plan to sign in and do what they had to do to get the unlimited texting and hour of Gogo. So I would assume it works along the same premise. It  sees your a plus member when you sign in and thus gives you unlimited wifi.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey computerdude1032!  I took a look at some information about the various Gogo benefits, and it looks like with the One Plus Add-On or One Plus International, you get Wi-Fi via Gogo inflight during "unlimited flights/sessions" on eligible flights.  It doesn't specifically say that you'd need to sign on per hourly increment, but I'm reading "sessions" that way.  Hope that helps you make your decision!  If you have any more questions, please let us know. 

- Marissa

• chedd

I too am having this issue.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, all. Thanks for chiming in here. Based on this feedback, we're reaching back out to look for additional clarification on this process. Please stay tuned, I'll keep you posted with whatever we hear back! Thank you!

• magenta3821454

Same problem here.  Do we get unlimited Gogo data or not? 

• magenta3945116

Same here. International flights, national flights, all the same: I only get get 1 hour of free Wifi and not unlimited Wifi. Any help?

• chedd

I have some info that may help the rest of you. I have a small business account with 10 lines. I contacted the sales person who originally set us up, and after a little investigation she got back to let me know that she had made an error when offering our plan to us, and that, despite having told me that unlimited Gogo would be included for each line in the plan, in fact our plan did not qualify for that and she could not change it. Obviously not what I wanted to hear.

Long story short, this was not a technical problem in our case. We were simply offered one thing and then sold something else. My guess is that this has happened to some of you as well and you just don't know it yet.

• trspann1

I am really starting to get worried about this.   I may have multiple issues...

1) Worried about the whole unlimited GoGo wifi, as I too based the upgrade and move from Verizon with the ability to have this service (as I take many long flights)

2) There is also a ton of conflicting information about the need to place a wifi call before starting the service.  The T-Mobile website clearly says that even if you can't do a wi-fi call, you will still be able to connect.  It makes it appear as if the wifi call is required in order to use the unlimited texting.  But then other documents state that the wi-fi call is used to establish some sort of GoGo connection.

3) My phone is a Galaxy S8 that I brought from Verizon.  It has the T-Mobile SIM card in it and I do see that I have my address registered under E911.  But, other areas state only the iPhone is compatible with the wifi calling (for phones brought from other carriers).

Seems to be too much conflicting and incomplete information.  All I want is for someone to be able to confirm that for my extra $10 per month per line that I WILL be able to connect to GoGo wifi for the DURATION of the flight (not just 1 hour).  The T-Mobile website is really advertising this feature, and it seems a lot of people are not getting it. 

Please let us know the status.  I do not want to keep paying the extra fee and NOT get what was promised.  I am heading out on another 10 hour flight Sunday, so I hope someone can answer what is going on.

• dragon1562

Well to start, any phone that has the wifi calling feature will work for the GoGo wifi on the plans as far as texting. Your Verizon S8 lacks this ability and thus you will be unable to text. However, you should still have access to the internet and the ability to use other apps like facebook messenger while on the plane. This is something I do regularly. I'm also a S8 user and do a lot of flying and I have never had a issue.

• stebbo5762

Just got off the phone with T-Mobile Customer Service. The language is confusing as there are two things going on. First, how much data do you get to use. Second, how long do you get to use it.

It turns out that the "unlimited" applies to the how much data you get to use, not to the how long you get to use it.

Final answer: We get one hour to use up as much data as we want to. After that hour is up, if we want more wifi, we have to sign in through Gogo.

So, it's not really unlimited.

• gerryjw

1 hour of use is what everyone is supposed to get.  "One Plus" users are "supposed" to get more than that -- unlimited access for the full flight.  At least, that's what the ONE PLUS FAQ page says.  Something needs tweaking (FAQ or customer service notes)...

All T-Mobile customers get 1 hour of free Wi-Fi on their mobile device on Gogo-enabled flights to, from, or within the U.S. Now, customers that add the ONE Plus Bundle, or upgrade to T-Mobile ONE Plus International, will get unlimited access to Gogo Wi-Fi, for the entire flight! Gogo Wi-Fi enables email, text and web browsing; however, music and video streaming are not allowed in-flight.

• zbeckman

According to MULTIPLE sources on the T-Mobile site, One Plus International plan members should have unlimited Gogo Wi-Fi for the duration of the flight. According to my One Plus International plan summary (on my billing page), I'm entitled to:

Now with T-Mobile One+ International get unlimited premium connectivity and stay connected with Stateside International Talk, free Gogo Wi-Fi all flight long.

And as already pointed out by gerryjw the general T-Mobile site describes the service as including:

Now, customers that add the ONE Plus Bundle, or upgrade to T-Mobile ONE Plus International, will get unlimited access to Gogo Wi-Fi, for the entire flight!

HOWEVER, this does not work. The Gogo site requires us to login, offers 1 hour of connectivity for free, and then terminates the connection. We are unable to connect again without paying a fee (either by the hour or buying a monthly subscription).

It's been over six months since this issue was raised. It's starting to smell an awful lot of false advertising. Either T-Mobile is charging us for something they are not delivering, or Gogo is not honoring the agreed on product. Either way, it's unacceptable.

• tmo_marissa

Hey folks! Thanks for chiming in here. For starters, I'm sorry that you're getting conflicting information about this benefit. Our internal content echoes what we have here on Support:

• Unlimited Wi-Fi access on Gogo-equipped flights to, from, or within the U.S. when you have ONE Plus or ONE Plus International on your line (unlimited number of flights).
                                  • The free ONE Plus Promo feature does not provide unlimited Wi-Fi.
                                  • Available on most domestic flights. International flight availability may vary.

Basically, if you're having trouble initiating an additional session after that first hour; and you're not on the promo plan, then the benefit isn't operating as intended. I haven't heard any new input on this from the team I reached out to, but I would love to take the feedback they requested feedback back to them. Our scope of support directs us to encourage users to contact Gogo with issues during a flight; because their Wi-Fi services don't use our network. What the plan team I reached out to asked is the following:

[Has] anyone filed a ticket for this or reached out to Gogo Support when it happened -- I'm not sure if that would have been an opportunity, but just to put the question out there -- does anyone have any input on actions taken after you weren't able to sign on for a second session?

• strev

Earlier in the week I called customer service and they told me that the plus plan provides for unlimited wireless access on gogo flights.  Is that true or not. Marissa, you say no, customer service says yes, documentation on line says yes.  Which one is it?  I don't want to sign up and not have that feature. Hey t-mobile, it is embarrassing that you cant figure this out. 

Marissa, have heard back from your contacts?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, strev!

Sorry if the pinned reply here is confusing! Based on our documentation, internal and external, and according to the teams I spoke with, the ONE Plus and ONE Plus International plans do include unlimited WiFi sessions on Gogo equipped flights, but the ONE Plus PROMO does not. I believe the ONE Plus promo is grandfathered, so if you add the feature now it would be the paid version and should include this benefit.
                                        The teams I reached out to need more information to research the issue that's been reported here -- basically, either ticket numbers filed with our internal teams, or information about what's happening when they're expressing difficulty initiating a second Gogo WiFi session during their flight -- since this isn't T-Mobile's system, we'd need customers to contact Gogo for issues, and so the team I contacted would like to know if anyone's had the opportunity to reach out to Gogo when this isn't working, and whether Gogo is able to resolve the issue at that point.

I hope that makes more sense!

• michaelvoight

Note- For my one plus account it states "and unlimited data and texting on all Gogo-equipped flights to, from or within US"

While flying Alaska Airlines recently, I notice an option to sign in for one free hour.  However, once signed in, I did have service the whole flight, until going below 10K feet.They really need to fix the wording on that option in the GoGo menu so it doesn't say "one hour", if qualified accounts get unlimited time

Using a different phone number, one hour was given from the same link.  I did observer that only my cell phone showed the free time as an option. My tablet did not.  I also noted it did not matter what phone I used to connect, even if it was not a phone with a T-Mobile account.  The important part was logging in with a T Mobile number.  I noticed that turning off the phone originally connecting, would not allow a later connection with a different phone using a phone number that had already been used on the flight.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                      • tmo_marissa

Hey all,
                                        I've sent private messages to the recent posters on this thread requesting information, but with the clarification that the ONE Plus Promo is not eligible for the unlimited WiFi benefit, everyone we have heard back from has been experiencing service as expected. We're going to go ahead and lock this thread -- if you are experiencing this issue with the paid ONE Plus feature, please create a new post!
                                        Thank you!